Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Mesh as an access point disconnects

I have a Hub 4 as the Cable Modem and am using a Mesh system to extend WiFi through the house. My preferred way of working is to use the Mesh system in access point mode and let the CM do the DHCP/router job. This is due to needing multiple ethernet ...

jonbxx by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet rebooting daily at inconvienient times

Hi everyone,over the last 4-6 weeks I have noticed my internet is resetting itself often and at very inconvienient times. Usually when I need it to be stable for work or live streaming, online gaming.Virgin media was great up until recently but this ...

Quinn by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub on mains timer?

Due to ongoing problems detailed on another thread I'm considering plugging my hub into a mains timer to turn it off for 15 minutes every day to reboot the hub and clear any errors while I'm away for a few months and unable to reboot if necessary. Wo...

tonyw2 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Long standing intermittent connectivity issue

I have been suffering with intermittent internet connectivity for several months (if not years). Often the service checker cannot spot an issue, so getting any help has been tricky.When the connection is intermittent, it also coincides with high pack...

Red light

Hi everyone, I have a vm 4 hub and it was working totally fine till yesterday. This morning it shows a solid red light and been the same. I’ve tried multiple solutions like checking wire connections, pinhole reset, turning it off and on. None worked ...

Kethan by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Waiting for Broadband Upgrade Activation

Hey,So I am just wondering, how long does VM usually take in upgrading the speeds of broadband? I placed my order on Friday, with an estimated activation date of Wednesday (today) and I’ve received no information beyond an order reference as to when ...

JackFWH by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 flashing red, blue and white!

Since this morning I have been unable to get any device to connect to the internet - although I can see the network is available.My Hub 4 is pulsing white and occasionally flashing blue and red.  I have been through all the help guides - checked conn...

Debkr21 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! App

Hello. My virgin connect app cannot find my hub 5. I have switched it off several times to reset it and it will still not find it. I also get bad pixalisation when watching TV, I have tried resetting the TV 360 box and it still does it. Any suggestio...

Orange light on Hub 3

When I had my Virgin installed the router wasn't new as it was only wrapped in a bubble wrap and tapet with brown tape. The installer said it was a return but nothing to worry about.I had few issues with signal dropping, low coverage ect. I was given...

1000005245.jpg