Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Resolved! Split second drop outs repeatedly throughout the day [HELP]

I recently upgraded to giga byte wifi with Virgin Media and I'm currently really disappointed with the service.I keep receiving split second dropouts throughout the day and night where I will lose connection for anywhere from a few seconds to a minut...

MJS1991_0-1689587649939.png MJS1991_1-1689587747791.png
MJS1991 by On our wavelength
  • 19 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband upgrade

HiI am thinking of upgrading my 550mb connection to 1gb but I believe when you do this you need a new modem (I presently have a Hub 3). Do Virgin Media send you one for self-install or does it need a tech visit?Thanks in advanceJohn

Hub 5 as switch with no WiFi?

Hello all,I've just got the Hub 5 router. I was wondering because the router is 2.5Gb/s, is there a way to use it purely as a router without the WiFi being enabled?It looks as though you can put it in modem mode, but only one port is active in this m...

troxad by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 2.4 randomly dropping out smart devices offline

Since I’ve had virgin I’ve had multiple issues running smart devices. On my previous hub 3 I ended up running in modem mode as certain smart devices wouldn’t connect with the hub all of which 2.4 . After numerous random drop outs on all 2.4 and 5 I h...

Tommyt by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUB 5 intermitten connection

Hi all, Had a hub 5 on 1gb circuit for a few months now and it's all been intermitten since getting it. Router light stays on and all devices will disconnect.Tried all the norms hard reset ect. And status shows fine in my area.I have had confirmed by...

Cbbrear by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to claim Volt mesh pods?

I have Volt benefits from being with O2 and VM. Apparently one of the Volt benefits is free mesh pods for the home to ensure quality connections. Anyone know how to claim these? There doesn't seem to be an area of the VM website to do this, and I'm u...

sqaud4 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

TP link not working since moving to virgin Media

Hi allso I recently had sky who could only provide 50mbs in my area. So I have moved to virgin to get quicker speeds. Now I have the basic 250mbs with a hub5internet around the home was ok for day to day use but I had to reply on a TP powerlink AV600...