Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Broadband intermittent and TV pixelating

changed package the other day and day after WiFi keeps dropping out and TV pixelates. Have noticed plug on wall with co-ax going in has a green led that seems to fluctuate a tie in with pixelation. Support recommend a pin reset of hub 3. Which made n...

1000004368.jpg

High Latency and lots of Correcteds

For the last couple of days I've noticed high latency as you can see by the BQM. The Correcteds are from when I rebooted the modem just yesterday!During the times of high latency web pages take a long time to load, and watching streaming content keep...

padeath by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Switch router to another room

I would like to switch my router to another room as it's inconvenient in the current. Could someone please get in touch with me to help arrange this? ThanksKieran

Kieran_R by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect app

 Hiwhen I try and sign in on the connect app it says my account is inactive.this is a new wifi hub since we have moved house but under the same email.  

IMG_8243.png

Resolved! No internet and can't speak to anyone

Hi-I'm doing this on behalf of my 80 year old parents. They have no internet and I can't get to speak to anyone - it is so frustrating.They have hub 3, I've rebooted and factory reset, checked connections etc. but still nothing.  Checking WiFi on pho...

Losing wifi

I can’t get online in a morning and have been losing it half way through films etc only two of us in the house 

VM connect app WiFi issues

Just renewed and got a volt package the mentioned I could get free WiFi boosters of I used the VM connect app problem is there is zero WiFi signal in parts of the house so when I use the app in these places I get below   how do I go about getting boa...

IMG_20230722_104716.jpg
lostbhoy by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos