Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Green Lights on Hub 3 - No internet

The tv picture was breaking up and internet was slow. A reboot has (mostly) fixed the picture but I’ve had no internet all day. I’ve got 3 green lights - Wi-Fi and base solid green and the internet arrows flashing green. I phoned VM and I did all the...

Loss of Service

Postcode is EH52 6XL and have had a loss of service, no broadband for about an hour now. Service status says there is a problem on Broadband and TV in the area, but the system doesn't allow me to register the loss of Service. How do I do that to ensu...

s9750 by On our wavelength
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 slow and losing internet

HiUpgraded last week to Gig 1 broadband and received new Hub 5.  Everything seemed to work perfectly for the first 24 hours but then I started losing internet connection (affecting wired ethernet connections and wifi).  After resetting the hub it was...

Intermitting problems

Are VM ever going to get this sorted, I am in the Middlesbrough area, 5 days now. 5 days !!!. Broadband intermittently cutting out with all TV station being pixelated also. It's been 5 days, received a text today, 17/06 said it's been fixed, it hasn'...

Virgin Broadband Keeps Dropping Out

We got Virgin Broadband installed a few months ago we used to be able to stream things fine on BTOur Internet Speed is fine but certain apps keep showing network unstable and other apps buffer for a second before resuming playback where as we don't h...

IMG_20230619_173907_442~2.jpg

Resolved! Hub 3 green lights no internet

Internet connection went off last Sunday morning and on checking the Hub 3 the lights on the front were  green and flashing (power and internet). Left it to sort itself out for hours with no luck and eventually went through the power down and reset r...

Outside internet cable cut

  Hello, we came home last night after a weekend away to find that our router box was flashing red and we had no WiFi. After talking to downstairs neighbour, it seems they are having the same problem and, when they investigated further, they noticed ...

5E42797B-717F-492E-8F19-51D0DEDFC662.jpeg D3274FF6-5BF4-44FF-AA76-EB10D2256B48.jpeg
smg1993 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tq1 broadband down

I’m aware there are issues in TQ1 with mail services , but I have no internet connection at all is anyone else having problems.

Lsdymond by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

no internet, due to some problem with the cables

I have a problem, I requested a technician on 08/06, they informed me that he would come on 12/6. They came and saw that there was no signal and that it needed some external work, and then it would come back the next day. The next day, 13/6, I receiv...

Joseir by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos