Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

VM connect app WiFi issues

Just renewed and got a volt package the mentioned I could get free WiFi boosters of I used the VM connect app problem is there is zero WiFi signal in parts of the house so when I use the app in these places I get below   how do I go about getting boa...

IMG_20230722_104716.jpg
lostbhoy by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub3 connection to unmanaged Ethernet switch

Hi - I have a hub3 - connected to the Ethernet ports are:- my Samsung tv- A TP link unmanaged switch.   This switch then feeds a max laptop and a pc.problem is - whenever I connect the unmanaged switch, it knocks out the connection to the Samsung tv....

Broadband new customer waiting 7 months

Hi,I just wanted to share my experience as a new customer. I'm the first week of January 23, I agreed to go ahead with virgin for broadband and TV. I was told installation would be in February. I'm still waiting at the end of June. Iam told every mon...

Hub 4 flashing red

Based in SW London, today 22.07.2023 is continuing not to have broadband, TV and Phone. The hub 4 is flashing red, reset it again and again without any joy. It’s simply a dreadful situation, why? It’s Saturday and no help from Virgin media to reconne...

Murph55 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Pods

I received two Wi-Fi Pods a few months back to rectify some dead spots in my house.They were working very well with both showing good signal levels. I noticed a deterioration in Wi-Fi signal yesterday and on checking via Virgin Connect that both Wi-F...

Dropping internet

For me the main problem is the internet dropping in and out. Second time I called yesterday and it was quite frustrating going through the motions with a phone operator who could not be interrupted. So the speed is not as it should be and it keeps dr...