Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 40 kudos

Constant dropouts

I can't understand why this service is so bad I can't understand why virgin constantly lie also Constant dropouts for hours on endAsk for manager ...none there ever ,ask for call back ....Still waiting 10weeks later

Jay49 by Tuning in
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orange Light on hub 3

Hi, I have same issue.. received my kit last week and the light on my hub 3 is solid orange all the time. I already tried everything from forum and help centre (restart hub, try to plug it in different place in a room, checked all wires) the problem ...

No welcome email

I purchased virgin media WiFi a week ago, I have no welcome email and therefore no account number to create a virgin account. Can someone please send one to me please?

New install

The building I live in has virgin installed but the wifi is spotty at best ok in the day but in the evening  shocking.so I wish to have my own install in my ground floor flat. I called virgin don't understand what am saying or just don't know what th...

Blocking Hustlers.university domain

Hi,Desperate mum here! I really need to block the website www.hustlers.universityit doesn’t have a .com ending; it’s like the Top Level Domain is actually “.university” but the website blocker isn’t accepting it. Any ideas please? I’ve literally spen...

80478FBD-0E69-4C15-B0D7-173CACA7E52B.png
Cootas by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Input signal dropouts - 360 box and Broadband

Can somebody please explain to the the possible cause and solution as to why for the past few weeks I have been getting signal loss on both broadband and TV 360. Whilst I am watching TV the signal just disappears and so does the broadband at the sam...

daitch72 by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pods and Boosters combined

I have been persuaded by Virgin to get the latest hub which comes with an offer of wi fi pods. My present wi fi reception around the house is dreadful - only good in the same room as the hub.The problem is that the TV, which is in a different room ac...

WiFi issues

So I recently got the gig 1 WiFi (about a month ago) when it was working it was amazing, I had no complaints, but now the WiFi doesn't work due to an issue with one of the cables in the pole that connects to my house, 4 technicians, 5 phone calls and...

makar10 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Poor service

Hi,My network at SR4 8BT is nothing to write home about for some weeks now. It's been on and off. I pay for this service, I should be getting good service of what I'm paying for!