Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Order Wifi Pod. Please

Hi.Just upgraded to 1gb Volt.Please can I order 1x Wifi Pod.Have experienced slowdown in 1 bedroom. Connect app not that good on our phones.Many thanks. 

MSW1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet dropouts in Twickenham

Internet service has been dropping 3 or 4 times each day for the past week or so. Also noticed pixelation issues on the TV over the same period, which may be related.Could someone from the support team investigate please?

cass by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router

Virgin Media - How do I go about getting a new router? The Hub 3 that I have has a constant red light, I have done the following- Rebooted the router - no difference- Factory reset the router - no difference- Checked and double checked the connection...

SEIGN98 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Daily outages in Sutton, SM5

Reporting here for colleague. They're in SM5 and have daily outages of around an hour. In the middle of one right now. Their neighbours also report same. Virgin faults webpage comes back with.. 'Don't worry we're looking into this issue' for past few...

davfox by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi not working during the day

Hey,Having issues with our internet - it works perfectly at night time and early in the morningbut between the hours of around 8 - 6 pm approx there is literally no internet. The wifi is connected but there is no internet whatsoever.any ideas what to...

Unusual Higher Ping

So after a week of on and off disconnections  in the last day my connection seems to be holding  .  I've  done a few tests and  the download speed  is fine  and upload .  The speed and connection test in my Orbi app  never fails to get a ping of 9 to...

Mr-Dice by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

2.4GHz

Hey. I have an unusual issue that seems to be any device that operates on 2.4Ghz bandwidth has stopped connecting to my hub 4, Sky Q box (which is fine via lan), ring doorbell, Kasa smart plugs, to name a few. I’ve even tried factory resetting one of...

No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out

Hey everyone,I'm sure this has been done to death but I'm having T3 timeouts on a new hub. I only plugged it in yesterday so shouldn't be age-related, as as far as I can see my dBmV and qam are all normal - any ideas? Could it be because my computer ...

Couru by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos