Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

App won’t find Hub 5

Hi all, my connect app won’t find my Hub 5, I have reinstalled the hardware, deleted and re downloaded the app and all its data but still can’t connect to the app (I am connected to the Wi-Fi and that’s working fine). Can anyone help?

BHolt by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi pod not working

My wi-fi pod has stopped working (flashing white). I’ve restarted router and tried to add that pod again in the Connect app but it says I’ve no pod to add. Help!!

jtready by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi router switches off every night

Can someone explain why my Internet keeps losing connection every single night. Looking at the Local Facebook forums it is happening to everyone in the area. This has been going on for a few weeks. If you try phoning virgin it's a 2 hour wait. Probab...

kapaone by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Random doses of extremely high ping

We moved house over a week ago and installed Virgin for the first time. The light has always been orange with no other lights, but the internet has worked at 100-380 mbpsEvery day we've had random spikes where latency is extremely high. Like 2000 pin...

han14 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPN issues with the new Hub 6

I upgraded to the Hub 6. I've been using VPN for a long while, and never before complained... until now.I have two major issues:Internet works only when VPN is disabled (undesired state) or when the VPN connection is set to "UDP" (why? I couldn't fin...

Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Grey outside box

hi,  I have been trying to contact Virgin Media to organise someone to come out and look at the outside grey box as it is broken and coming loose when the weather is bad - we have had it since it was fitted a few years ago. Thank you in advance for a...

SMAY23 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos