Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Trying to get Wi-Fi pods - no joy

Hey, yet again I’ve been having a seriously hard time with VM customer support.My internet is great when we’re in our kitchen or living room, but all but 1 of our bedrooms get no Wi-Fi signal at all, just due to the shape of our house. One Wi-Fi pod ...

Hub 4 red flashing lights

SW8 6/8/23. No fault reported on website. All rebooted and still nothing…test your hub doesn’t work just “sorry try again later”. All useless to a working from home situation. Waiting for a WhatsApp agent to reply now…digging in!

Max2112 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi Pod requested

Is it me or is virginmedia the worst broadband/wifi company. Trying to get any improvement to it is impossible especially thru there awful apps. I've been trying to get the booster pods for ages now with zero success. Personally I feel a new hub is p...

Wi-Fi issues on some devices

Hello.I've got a weird problem, involving the Superhub 3. I'm on the M350 package.Sometimes some of my devices just stop working when on the Wifi. They will be connected but just won't do anything. For example, my laptop will say connected and have f...

ASingh1 by On our wavelength
  • 21 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet dropping a few times per day

Hi. I have just had a Hub 5 installed around 2 months ago, and I have now run into a problem. Every day, a few times, my internet goes off for around 2 minutes. I have a BQM set up now. Hopefully it can show some issues, as i just set it up - https:/...

Virgin internet speeds

Hi i have the 264gb package whenever i test my download speed's i get the guaranteed speed ,whenever i try to download a game or something it maxes out around 11gb . Im missing some fine print in the contract or they just rubbish?

rammy304 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Replacement Booster

 Hi there, can someone tell me how I can request a replacement WIFI booster without having to call? My current WIFI booster keeps failing regularly throughout the day (solid red connection light appears). See photo. I’ve tried the various guides on r...

IMG_4547.jpeg