Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

No service

Hello,I have no internet since Wednesday  5th July and logged a complaint. Technician came in on Friday and he stated  there is a complete power loss and out side wire needs to be redone completely and left stating I should get a call before closing ...

amc1987 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Would like to upgrade to Hub 5

1GB customer with a hub 4. However, I'm waiting on a new router to arrive that has 2.5gb ethernet port and would like to make use of the hub 5 spec as well as wifi 6 (in modem mode).Tried to speak to customer service via the chat function but stuck i...

Constant Disconnection

I get constant and, seemingly random, disconnections. The log either indicates T3 or T4 errors, for example:- T3: No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out; (...)- T4: Received Response to Broadcast Maintenance Request, But no Unicast Maintenance op...

Tiaan by Tuning in
  • 35 replies
  • 1 kudos

Internet not working

Hi, my internet stopped working yesterday afternoon and still hasn’t come back on. I’ve got a technician coming Tuesday morning but I work from home so I don’t know what I’ll do if it’s not working tomorrow, so hoping someone can help here.  I’ve obv...

emma100 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Re: Hub 3 - WiFi channels change back

I have the same issueWas more than satisfied for a long 8 years with my Hub 2 and would still use it but that was a time to change my package previous Friday.We agreed for a new price and finally new TV Box 360 as my Cisco TV Box, invented in 2010, d...

Yevhen by Tuning in
  • 31 replies
  • 0 kudos

Need a 2nd WiFi Pod - No One Responding To Place Order

Hi, I've been delivered 1no. pod that I got through having a conversation via the virtual chat assistant a few days ago. This was confirmed after me sending various screen grabs of my speed tests, and agreed that my connection needed boosting.I used ...

PeteT10 by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help! I can’t take it anymore with VM

Hello,I’m wondering if anyone can advise me on the issue I’ve been having with VM for roughly 6 months. I moved home, I contacted a VM agent, he told me to take my internet and tv box and just plug it into the new home, everything on my contract woul...

Jessx by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Why request return of Wifi Pod

Yet another return Envelope from |VMSince moving over to Stream,360+MiniBox safeley returned.i.r.c. I was many months ago offered WiFi Pod to counter Bathroom blackspot whilst watching VM Go.Yet VM are now expecting Pod to be returned? thanks

Donfor40 by Superfast
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

I need a pod

Hi I have two rooms which are really poor signal and was advised by the vm technician that I needed to scan which I have done and if it was poor I could get the pods for the rooms. Can anyone help? thankyou