Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Browser issues

Hi I’m a new virgin media customer and I’m on day one of using the services.Each time I try and look up online relating to virgin media I get a error page come up saying Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.Size of a requ...

AJB128 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Green arrows flashing . No internet

It’s been 3 days . No internet at all.. Yesterday I called customer service and back to normal for few hours . But today same problem. I just chance my package and downgrade my speed from 100 to 50 .. Essential one … do you think , reason is that? 

IMG_6574.jpeg
Hasanefe by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Consistently Dropping

Hi despite a change to a Hub 5 our and our neighbours broadband in HA4 7 continues to drop off before the Hub change we were advised we had over 100 drops Losing broadband also stops accessibility to recorded content. Whilst a sub has been provided i...

SteveGUK by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 Red light static

Hi,Earlier mid-day the virgin hub 3 had a static red light, called tech support and told me it will go away!, The router is almost 4 years old and now having issues with wireless connection which has interference with my device connections.The person...

kamal22 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

My wifi booster

Hi As a result of having no Internet in the back half of my house I spoke to a virgin media customer service representative, and after doing several speed checks they said they would send out a wifi booster to solve the problem.3 weeks has now passed...

Kev23 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cut through cable

My partner has gone completely through the cable as it was just below the surface of the grass. No services at all now and dont know what to do about it, any advice please ?

Nicky77 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Homeless

I'm being made homeless, due to no fault of my own, as a result virgin will no longer be able to provide their services to me so I have tried to cancel and they want to charge a cancellation fee, which I am not happy about.  Does anyone have any advi...

Hub 5 DHCP Problem. IP Addressing

Upgraded to GIG1 with Hub 5 and have about 35 devices wired and wifi, which I connected up 2 weeks ago. I set my SSID and password but some of my devices could not obtain an IP address.Held down the factory reset button as advised online, entered my ...

BenjyBoo by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

DHCP on HUB5 not working

The DHCP server in the Hub5 device stopped working, no clue how. So whatever devices I need connecting to the internet I have to assign them a static IP. The devices for which the DHCP lease didn't expired yet are still connected but soon enough that...

georgeS79 by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos