Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Fibre cable damage in area

So I’ve just moved flats and set up my new VM hub 3 in Newcastle city centre which worked perfectly on day it arrived. Then the following day it stopped working and it seems that there has been an internet issue in my area where there has been fibre ...

Resolved! Wifi booster

I have a weak signal in the kitchen and no signal in my dining room. I have scanned using the connect app but cant order boosters. Would anyone have a link to do this or is there someone else that can help with this please?

Edberg by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 3 Dead no lights

Hi,my Hub 3 has died. Power supply checked and is ok. No lights on hub 3, checked cable, power switch etc. it has completely stopped working. No single red light or other light.please advise I need the service back asap. peter

Re: SuperHub 3 Solid Red Light

HiMy Hub 3.0 has a solid red light.Everything seems to be working correctly, including ethernet and wireless connections.I'm in router mode and have followed all of the steps as advised.• Turning the power switch off on the back of the Hub.• Ensure t...

FELLA by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light constant

I have a red light on my hub.  I have tried to re set and it has free space around it etc so nothing is blocking etc.  Please can you help as I can't get to talk to anyone? Thank you in advance.

Hub 4 fan running constantly

We had a hub 4 installed in Nov 21.  The fan has been running non stop since then which doesn’t seem right.  It’s very annoying and everyone that comes round comments on how noisy it is.  It is in our living room which isn’t overly warm.  Thermostat ...

LozzaD18 by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet loss for a short time at fixed intervals

Hi,I problem I had in the past had returned in the last month or so. My speed and latency on my 1Gig/Hub4 connection are generally good but I get about five seconds of drop-out every 20 minutes or so, with a bigger drop out at hourly intervals. It ma...

jameselson_0-1671534374765.png
jameselson by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Please let me cancel

Hi team,Please may i cancel my contract and return my wifi box. I have a masters in computer science and I can't navigate your services, how is it this complex? This is besides the point though cancel my account please, none of the customer service s...

Variable Wi Fi Strength - weak in the evening

I have a new Hub 3. All works well during the day but, in the evening, the internet speed is sometimes slow or stops altogether in our living room where my wife uses her Samsung Galaxy 3 mobile. We have a TP LINK network extender which was connected ...

ahrbee by Fibre optic
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos