Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 3.0 stopped working as a modem

I have had my Hub 3.0 switched to modem for at least 4 years and it has suddenly stopped working, if i switch it back to router mode it works fine and brings in internet. Switch it back to modem mode and nothing, have tried 2 different routers with i...

shield tv ethernet speeds on hub 5

my question is , what speeds can i expect with a shield tv or pro connected to a hub 5 1gb via ethernetim hearing rumours people are only getting 100mbthks in advance

pjs56 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't access My Virgin Media settings

Hi thereI've been unable to view or change my settings in My Virgin Media as I get taken to a page that never loads.I've tried on different devices, browsers, incognito mode, and with the app but no luck yet.Is there someone who can assist me with th...

alan747 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

my virgin media page does not work

Hi,After login when I'm redirected to https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/home it keeps loading and does not work.Yes I tried cleaning the cookies and even a different browser. It seems it is a server error.

Solid red light on all the time on the router

For three weeks I've had a solid red light on my virginmedia router. I've done all the resets, tests and gone through the online stuff but nothing works. The wifi seems fine and everything works apart from this red light on all the time. What to do n...

broughy by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router Red Light

Hello, Our router has had a red power light since Sunday. The actual WiFi is generally working fine (although slightly less effective reach).I've checked all cables, restarted it a few times and it is not next to anything or overheating. Any tips on ...

Require ONU Plug

 Hi,  I’ve recently joined Virgin, the router was sent out but after a few hours of troubleshooting and a couple of calls I noted that the issue was a lack of plug - presumably removed by the prior tenant (image attached pulled from another post.) I ...

IMG_0967.jpeg
Liam117 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos