Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Re: Hub 3.0 Red Light

I too am experiencing the constant red light issue - router quite old 4-5 years - I would say warm rather than hot - resetting does nothing.  Tried reporting this through the incredibly unfriendly customer support but the call dropped after 25 minute...

NLC by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

internet not been working for over a day, hub3

i’ve tried everything and still doesn’t work. after a reset or turning it off and on again it turns back on as normal, wifi light solid green, ethernet light solid green, the bar light is white. so it should work right? nope.when connected through wi...

Massive ongoing packet loss PO14

For several days I have been experiencing such significant packet loss / extreme latency that the connection is virtually unusable for most of the day.There are no locally reported issues, either via the automated telephone line or web page.All devic...

33cd3a208b4e5d3cbbe524ce1251378a06ac1917
gr83 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 4 and Connect app

HiPreviously had no problems using Connect app with hub 3 and 5. My Hub5 has been replaced with a hub4 and the app doesn't "see" the hub. Tried uninstalling, clearing cache etc but no luck. Any suggestions?Thanks 

My router

 I tried to connect a door bell and wondered why my router is connected to a router ???

IMG_0355.png
D_1 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Vm hub 3.0 modem

Hi guys I’ve had virgin for a few months now and although the speeds are great I find the wifi drops in and out a lot. I’ve recently got an asus wireless router to use for wifi instead. Upon trying to set it up I set the hub 3.0 into modem mode but t...

Tomreds by Just joined
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 - flashing red or green

Hi there, I do want to preface and say I do have an engineer booked for tomorrow, but if there is anything I can do to fix it in the meantime then I'll do itI noticed on Friday evening my internet went a bit kaput, and woke up on Saturday to it still...

stator97 by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Help Issues ordering WiFi pods

Help, is the an email address I can use to order my first wifi pod, I have an intermittent black spot in one room , which happens to be my home work space. Tried using the connect app but it won’t load properly. I’ve recently upgrade my speeds and ac...

Virgin Hub 3.0 as a Wireless Bridge

Is it possible to use a hub 3.0 as a wireless bridge?I don't mean a cable wifi extender where you'd turn off DHCP on the hub 3.0 and ethernet cable it back to your main router.I mean wireless bridge ... hub 3.0 with DHCP off, connected wirelessly bac...

123chunk by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problem ordering a WiFi Pod

Did the connect App test which said the connection was slow in 2 areas so followed the link to order a Pod, but theres no order form, It just wants me to sign up for broadband. So I did an online chat and was told that they had ordered one to be sent...

tonyrc by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos