Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Wifi speeds

Ive just read an article about virgin promising 30mpbs in every room, if you dont get this you can get 3 wi fi pods free , and £100 credit on your  bill ?????? No way am i ever going to get 30 mpbs, can you send me 3 pods , and £100 credit on bill ??...

Superhub 4 constant reboots

Hello,For at least the last couple of months my Superhub 4 keeps rebooting itself. It used to be late evening or early morning, now it seems to happen at any time. it’s most days and getting really annoying now, any ideas what might be going on?Thank...

Upgraded to 1gig but WiFi worse

Recently upgraded from 360 to 1gb and we are having issues, gaming dropping out, 1 adult in-house plays and teaches on a certain game and is struggling. He's even connected with ethernet and still drops out. No issues when on 360 and different hub T...

1000005641.png

VM Connect

Hi all , I am trying to look at my connected devices in the VM Connect app but I am getting exclamation marks against each device 

Screenshot_20230727_201214_VM Connect.jpg
Boycey72 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light. Box hot

I have the red light issue. I work from home.l and have intermittent outages. I've restarted multiple times and reset with no change. The router is in a well ventilated location out of direct sunlight. The router is quite hot. The online service stat...

INSTALATION

I went to the O2 shop to change my phone contract and they offered me a deal with a broadband which I though it was a good deal. Worse idea even. My contract should have started July 3rd (I deleted my previous broadband so no WiFi at home after July ...

Inda by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

sonos and hub5x issues

My virgin media 1gig connection got installed today and with a new hub5x.I have spent around four hours trying to get my sonos speakers to connect with no luck, I wish id checked here earlier as it appears to be a known problem but the solutions give...

jordangi by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos