Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

2.4GHZ and 5GHZ on Hub 5

I have just installed a new hub 5 and all worked OK. However it only enables 5GHz devices to be connected. I have a number of 2.4GHz devices to be connected.  I have a TP Link extender which WPS connected to the hub without problem but  shows only th...

pcbcox by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Hub 5 no internet connection

I received a Hub 5 replacement for a Hub 3 on Thursday as I’ve upgraded to 1GB.  I work from home so waited until yesterday evening to try and connect it.  Followed quick install instructions but it will not connect to internet.  I have text messages...

tigernin by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband down for 4 days

My broadband has been down for 3 days in Halifax. W Yorks.Just had another repeat nonsense text message and service status which I have had multiple times since Saturday telling me they know the problem and an engineer is working on it and it will be...

WiFi pods not received

Hi, I renewed my contract on 30/5/23 and was advised I would receive 3 pods. I have not yet received them, any idea how long they take?

Debbie19 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Exposed and unprotecte

Somewhat surprised to dig up external unprotected cable in flower bed and seems to enter border of lawn at only 2cm below surface. Is this normal?  

16887292139784577506585708474873.jpg

Internet continually dropping

My Internet is continually dropping on a practically daily basis and when I check there are no issues and everything is working fine.This has been going on for far too long now and I'm really getting fed up of getting nowhere with you to resolve it.I...

Orange light on Vm Hub 3

Hi there - got a constant very dark orange almost red light on my hub for the last few days. Everything is still working fine at the moment. Seen lots of chats/threads about this but all with different answers… the hub is not hot (barely warm) and ha...

Not received order or confirmation

I ordered a m250 fibre broadband package last week and it asked for a delivery date. - I have received the pre contract emails etc with details of my orderi have not received any further confirmation emails of the contract nor the confirmation of the...

Hub 5 Ethernet speeds limited to 100mbps

Hello,I have an 1GBPS internet package, however when I access my "Connected Devices" page in the hub settings, I can see the majority of my devices are limited to 100mbps. Devices that are connected via Wi-Fi signal are getting close to 700mbps conne...