Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Broadband intermittently cutting out

Hello,I have had Virgin Media broadband with TV for about 2 months.For a few weeks now the broadband has been cutting out several times a day.I have tried to look online what the issue could be and how to troubleshoot this myself but all I could find...

Broadband issue intermittently

Hi,I have Virgin Media Hub 3.I’m currently experiencing broadband issue in my area but the app and webpage for service status keeps telling me 2 things:There’s a problem in your area and we’re fixing it.Book your technician - pick a slotWi-Fi light a...

CP_55 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Registration Error

Hi,I'm unable to register my new account, keep getting me with a DEF01 error code. I've seen this is a frequent issue possibly relating to having a previous account with the same email address. I've tried different browsers and clearing cookies and a...

VM Hub 4 2.4GHz and 5GHz splitting issue

Everytime I turn on 2.4GHz and 5GHz separately and renamed. The 5GHz renames itself to the same name as 2.4GHz and even the 5GHz turns off itself. The worse experience I've ever had with WiFi settings and band issues is with this hub. Never ever had ...

Ethernet ports on hub 5

So we got sent a new hub 5 nearly a year ago and all has been fine. last few months tho iv noticed the tv and sky box have been disconnecting from the hub and physically have to re-plug the Ethernet cable to reassign a ip basically and they have been...

Jamie99 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Port Forwarding - The rule already exists

Hub 3.0. I have successfully added various port forwarding rules. UPnP is disabled. I'd like to add 6690 ports however I get a 'the rule already exists' error even though this is not a port I have already added. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. T...

Port Forwarding not activating

Hello everyone,I wanted to inform you that we recently upgraded to a new Hub 5, replacing the previous Hub 3 model. However, I have encountered some issues with port forwarding that I would like to address.Previously, the process for port forwarding ...

Outside Cable Cover

There was a cover over this wire that Virgin Media installed on the pavement outside our house and now its snapped off. Can I have this fixed or replaced please?

1.jpg