Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Daily latency spikes

Starting early August, I have been experiencing an awful lot of daily latency spikes, to the point where sometimes my laptop disconnects while I'm working. Initially, I thought it was a one-time thing, but after it kept happening for a couple weeks, ...

6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-23-08-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-28-08-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-06-09-2023.jpg 6fa7763f373a6b92712e41bc881687f8d819da10-22-09-2023.jpg
Kassakos by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Engineer NO SHOW

Appaling that I had scheduled an engineers visit for today as mi Wifi is not working. They sent me repeated messages saying they’d be in today between 12-4pm and NO ONE has been in the flat, worst of all no communication. Please advise me on how to p...

TV not connecting to WiFi

I have been having issues with connecting my TV. No other devices in the household have any issue connecting to the WiFi. However, the TV is capable of connecting to other routers so it is not an issue with the TV itself. I have tried resetting the h...

uuytewaf by Just joined
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can’t unpause device

I have a hub 5 and my sons computer is paused I can’t unpause because the connect app has decided not to recognise my hubhave tried switching router on and off unplugged itbeen on phone to virgin for hours and spoke to 5 different people none of them...

Jay90 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Terrible Latency 24/7

Hi, I have been having extremely bad latency for at least a week now with my M350 package. It just so happens that about a week ago I was given a Hub 5 in the post which I then installed. I was running the Hub 5 in modem mode, but to simplify things ...

Hub problems

We had virgin media installed in May of this year. I contacted Virgin in July to say the hub was showing an amber light and the service kept dropping out. I was told after a lengthy checking system there was nothing wrong and maybe a WiFi booster wou...

internet issues in B11 3AY

Cannot for the life of me work out the issue with my internet.Over the weekend I've been having net issues. I assumed it was my desktop at first but it's all my devices. I've checked speed test, ping test and packet loss sites who say there's no issu...

aigroti by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos