Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Poor signal

Hi I've just had virgin installed last week and although the speed is far higher than my old sky the actual coverage in the house is far worse. Some rooms upstairs it's unusable at times. I'm rather disappointed in this at I thought it would be much ...

Jords79 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

extremely slow speeds

im literally getting 30 down and 40 up on m500, nothing i can think of has changed, my modems cables are away from power sources or electromagnetic disruption.Can someone tell me if its an issue with my area or not.

ohitstom by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Delivery of pods

Hello we upgraded our Internet last week and we were told that we were getting pods. When will these be delivered as we are going away soon. And they will outside whilst we're away. 

Suze85 by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wi-Fi Pod - need second pod

Anyone know how to speak to someone at virgin - we need a second pod, the connect app isn’t giving the link to order - lost a whole morning trying to speak to someone or just order it - going round in circles - really frustrating      [MOD EDIT: Subj...

Frostys1 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! WiFi password incorrect?

Hi, self set up for broadband and TV today, TV fine but no WiFi. Keeps saying password incorrect, we have all tried multiple times. Rebooted and reset the hub to no avail, repeated  these actions with an advisor who has now  escalated to the network ...

Tilly15 by Tuning in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Internet Dropping

My Internet keeps dropping multiple times a day will this continue in long term or should i just switch to my old provider? Never had a problem with talk talk, switch to virgin for faster Internet but 1) never get the amount that im paying for (i sho...

Street-wide broadband dropouts, many times a day

Hi all,Posting here out of slight desperation as our broadband issues are beyond unacceptable now and there has so far been very little acknowledgement from Virgin of a problem. Our internet has been suffering intermittent dropouts for about 2 months...

leighbwa by Tuning in
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudos

Hub 5 flashing red light

Hi there, My Hub 5 has a flashing red light. I’ve checked cables and all are fine, I’ve restarted a couple of times and still flashing red. I’ve also called the phone line to check for faults in my area and it says there aren’t any. I’m not really su...

F_m_a by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pod issue

HiI recieved my 2nd WiFi pod today. After I installed it, the first one wouldn't connect. So I deleted the first one from the app and now the app can't find it. I have tried turning the pod off and on and it goes green followed by no light but the ap...

jamal6008 by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple TV App on LG Smart TV

I swapped to Virgin Media broadband in April and ever since swapping, the Apple TV app on my LG TV will only play shows when limited to SD playback. When trying to play in HD the show starts streaming and I get around 20-30 seconds of viewing before ...