Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Not received order or confirmation

I ordered a m250 fibre broadband package last week and it asked for a delivery date. - I have received the pre contract emails etc with details of my orderi have not received any further confirmation emails of the contract nor the confirmation of the...

Hub 5 Ethernet speeds limited to 100mbps

Hello,I have an 1GBPS internet package, however when I access my "Connected Devices" page in the hub settings, I can see the majority of my devices are limited to 100mbps. Devices that are connected via Wi-Fi signal are getting close to 700mbps conne...

Never recieve the return package

Hi all,I have disconnected the service since 21 Jun and have had requested multiple times the return package but still not heard anything yet from the team or any email confirmation that the return package will arrive soon, anything else I can do?Wha...

fc_paul by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Service loss in hot weather

This is something I experienced last summer but also had a hub issue that was resolved with a replacement. Once again this year as soon as the hot weather appears I get a loss in service. It doesn't impact everyone on the street and some days people ...

Booster - Volt package

Hello, I've recently taken out the new Volt package but am lacking signal in my town house. Can a booster please be sent out?Thanks, Gemma

Resolved! Engineer visit request

Hi, we are currently renovating our home and would like to request an engineer visit so we can move the router and tv box to a different place. I know there's a £25 fee. I'd like to do this soon as the walls are currently back to brick. I've tried th...

LankyRik by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

DNS caching issue

I have an issue where a client of mine switched website hosting providers, upon moving the domain and transferring to another server the domain resolves to the old IP when requesting from Virgin media infrastructure. It's definitely a DNS issue as th...

RM7 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos