Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

My WiFi isn't in my list of available connections

Hello everyone I have the Hub5, and my network doesn't show in my list of available connections, my neighbours did along with loads of others, so I asked my neighbour to connect to his on my laptop and it worked.  Anyone who can help I would apprecia...

Peppers by On our wavelength
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Time VM published the work around for SMART devices

OK, 1st the engineer has been to fibre my telephone, in doing so he has inserted a splitter so Modem and TV come out of same wall box. Now Alexa can't turn tv on and off, or find it. I want to install a SMART light bulb, Internet said no problems wit...

AET1960 by Joining in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Router - No account number

I have recently purchased a M250 Router package for my first house.   The Delivery date was set to 19/08/23.  I have still not received any confirmation, or delivery instructions as to where the router is. I have tried to get in contact with Virgin, ...

Virgin WiFi Pod Questions & Advice Please!

Hello All, I have some questions about the WiFi Pods as I am not sure if some are working & others seem to offer very poor WiFi if at all.1) How does one check that a Pod is actually working?2) How does one check what speeds any particular pod is del...

Bazzy by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

this site cant be reached

Hello everyone, here goes....tried everything to access eurocarparts site but nothing works, even spent 1hr 30 mins onto virgin through customer service then eventually technical. works fine on my 02 data via mobile but cant access on wifi through ta...

Latency issues

Had an ongoing issue in our area for a while, high latency making working from home impossible. From what I understand we have a Sync issue between the hub and the street cabinet resulting in partial service.Hoping a virgin team  member will see this...

mellatron by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Wi-Fi constantly dropping

My Wi-Fi has been constantly dropping for the last few months and I’ve tried everything Virgin have suggested. We have reset, re checked wiring, run reboots, factory reset- everything. We have a Wi-Fi booster in the house and a powered splitter as th...

Internet Regularly Dropping Out

Hi,We've been having issues with the internet dropping out for quite a while now, but I've recently started working from home I'm struggling to tolerate it. We have the Hub3 and we're on Volt M200. It's not just WiFi either as the wired PS5 also drop...

156276f06f349ccaaffd1f517d59a9c3b00a6a82-25-07-2023.png