Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Still no ethernet connection and now fault log activity?

Any clues anyone? Engineer installed hub 5 yesterday and left me with no Ethernet connection..DBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Value for P1.6hi What does that even mean? My hive cameras are binging every few mins like they are losing connection.im...

JonBx by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Orange/yellow light on hub 3.0

Hi, I've joined virgin on the 16th august and self installed my new hub 3. All seems to be fine except:The base light is solid amber/yellow  not the expected white as it says in the book i have reset the hub twice and it has not solved the issue and ...

hub.png
anne329 by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router Issues

for a long while our router has had a red light on on hub 3.0 but the internet was fine so didnt have an issue. the hub is in router mode and has always been. however, since last night have been having disconnection issues sometimes the internet will...

grewal94 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Packet Loss

Hi there, I have been having a long standing problem which has re-occurs randomly and lasts several days, however, this time it has become unbearable to work from home. I have had a monitor running for several months now and have periodic Packet loss...

Snairy by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

HUB 5 - set up?

Just received my HUB5. I didn't ask for it, I don't know how it works and it's staying in its box. Can an engineer set it up?     [MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

siglov1 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NO TV & INTERNET 5 yes 5 WEEKS !!

No internet or tv for 5 weeks ! Have the permit to dig up the road from local council but VIRGIN ! don’t have the budget - customer of 12+ years. Every time we call it’s a 2 hr minimum trip around call centre to call centre from country to country ! ...

elmps by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos