Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Solid Red Light

Hi allSo my Virgin Hub 4 WIFI has suddenly stopped and there is a solid red light. I googled the problem and it mentioned it could be over heated, which is odd since it's sat on the side board with nothing within 20cm each side. As per usual, can't g...

Tony246 by Tuning in
  • 25 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi dead spot...useless support

Tearing my hair out with virgin support over WhatsApp.WiFi signal doesn't reach my furthest bedroom, I am on WiFi max so can get a pod to create a mesh. Contacted virgin support over their WhatsApp. The person on the other end is beyond useless. Keep...

Resolved! Advice on network connectivity for home office

Hi,My home office is a new build with 2 floors and in-wall ethernet wiring to provide an Ethernet port on each floor. As shown in the attached picture, the blue boxes represent devices and connectivity that already exists, and the yellow the ones to ...

Home_Internet_Signals_Routing.jpg
pkgms32 by Just browsing
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Owed money from VM and compensation for bad connection

Dear VM and prospective customers I had poor connection from Virgin Media and was advised by them to upgrade to a 'better' and more expensive package.  This resulted in an increase in my bills but it did not correct the issues and I was advised I had...

ASDFG by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin Blocked my mobile number

I called virgin and was asked my password and because I could not remember it, I said omg,The guy hung up as he can because there no evidence as he never accessed my account but somehow he has now blocked me because I cannot ring it keeps rejection m...

Wi-Fi pods

Hican anyone help. I am having such trouble getting a second mesh pod for my Wi-Fi. I succeeded in getting one pod by posting on here sometime ago and asked for a second when the multi-room install was done. This was promised but nothing. Then more r...

PC6 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Money owed to me

Virgin media owe me £60 since February they have admitted they owe it to me & on may 21st said it would be in my bank within 7 days I have still had nothing from them. I made a complaint only to get passed around like a parcel at a kids birthday part...

Wifi not working after power turned off

We have lost wifi connection after having the power turned off for electrical work and now the hub is flashing green. We have done a hard reset (pin reset) and still flashing after 30 mins. This is the second time this has happened after having a pow...

Resolved! WiFi and WiFi pods

I’ve got a 1 GB connection with VM 5 hub. . WiFi in two rooms is regularly less than 20Mbps. Will WiFi Pods help and am I eligible for them? Thanks 

chromen by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

BQM for the forum experts to view

I am currently arranging a technician vist but in the meantime, I'm curious from a technical perspective, what could cause such a swings on the BQM:BQM I only started the BQM as I was getting dropouts and stuttering on voip & video calls.Forum sleuth...

roodles by On our wavelength
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos