Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Pod not connecting to new hub 5

Hi I received a new hub 5 last week.  The hub is working fine but my wifi pod doesnt connect to it.  I have called 3 times now and I am getting nowhere.  Yesterday I called and the person I spoke to said I needed a new pod.  I have looked on this for...

Jakelly by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router Not Delivered

Hi,I signed up for broadband on 28th September. Router was due to be delivered 19th October (yesterday). I have received no email updates or postage confirmation. I also can't login to virgin media as I have no paperwork to find my Account Number or ...

simpsono by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Virgin Media hub failing when being put into Modem Mode

I've been trying to introduce a new router/vpn manager into my home network for a couple of days.  Yesterday I switched the Hub to Modem mode and it seemed to work.  I started to set up my new router.Very shortly a red light came on on the Hub (at th...

akc42 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Am I being lied to?

I have contacted Virgin on numerous occasions to notify them of a faulty booster (emanating sparks and smoke), Twice online and three times over the phone. Each time I’ve been promised a replacement booster (or wifi pod) and that I would be notified ...

bc73 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network Connectivity in Garden Cabin

Hi All,Looking for a bit of advice.Moved into a new home, got a newer router than we had before.2.4Ghz and 5Ghz network are both much better than our old place with the old router. Able to use the router in factory settings with all our tech.Now, a n...

High constant packet loss

Sorry if not in the correct section but I'm experiencing high packet loss which is making the internet unusable when it's happening. It is happening on both wired and wireless connections. Is there anything I can do to stop this happening?https://www...

New hub 5 rendering house completely useless

So after multiple complaints regarding the quality of my broadband considering we pay for the top package and work from home. Constant drops in signal, only getting around 20mgb when running a speed check. Trouble is our house is a smart home and as ...