Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Re: Hub 3 LED colour?

We are having the same issue: a Hub 3 with the LED an orange/red colour. I have tried powering the hub off and on again, also doing a factory reset, but the LED does not go back to white. Other than that, broadband and TV seem to be working OK, and t...

pakeller by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Loss of email and resulting modem problem

I want to thank all of the many members who have offered their help in trying to solve my problems. Those with the email suggestions helped me enormously and this was resolved quite quickly - thanks to you all.With the modem problem however, which I ...

ronjo94 by On our wavelength
  • 20 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub5 Question

HiI noticed recently that download speeds had dropped to around 1/3 of where they should be - only thing that had happened was another company had been digging in the street near the cabinet.Did all the usual troubleshooting to no avail. I saw that d...

Dan_F by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub disconnection

Hello,  I’ve just had the hub5x installed and it was working whilst the engineer was here. I connected the stream box and my Xbox to it and now the hub won’t connect to the internet. I’ve pressed the reset button on the router and I’ve rebooted it bu...

Hub 3.0 broadband dropouts

Over the last month or so I have experienced regular daytime drop outs on my broadband. I did the VM broadband check from the app, it said 'there looks like an issue with your service, try again in 24 hrs'. I've tried again and it said 'looks like th...

142797 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fault appointment

I have a fault appointment booked for Friday morning that I don’t need - I have resolved the issue. Please help me to cancel this appointment, I only have the option to reschedule 

Resolved! Anyone still waiting on upload increase on 1gb package?

Hey all. I was just wondering if anyone is still waiting for the upload speed increase for the 1gb package. When I log onto my virgin media account I’m told that I should have an average of 104mbps upload speed but I’m still currently experiencing wh...

Mrsimo98 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Changed contract but told i've used 700gb in a month

Hi So i've got fed up with the out of contract bills and have signed up for the 250m one, the agent said (to my surprise) i've used x18 my data and that i've hit over 700gb in a month, They can't tell me how or what device used that much, i don't do ...

tammyw86 by Dialled in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5

Just installing and setting up a new hub 5, yes we do use a split network at 2.4 GHz and 5.0 GHz.If I connect anything via the 2.4, like alexa smart sockets of light bulbs. The DHCP service crashes the hub and then nothing is able to connect not even...

Dan19 by Tuning in
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos

WiFi connection and signal issues

Good morning, I am writing to you regarding a problem I am experiencing in my household with our Wi-Fi connection. My housemate has been having an awful time on her devices - both phone and laptop - with the Wi-Fi connection dropping and fluctuating ...