Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hi all. Moved from BT to Virgin Broadband. Physical installation was grand, but after sales is appalling. I’ve no WiFi in our home office. 3 times I’ve ordered a WiFi Pod. 3 times I’ve been assured my order has been placed. 3 times I’ve been told I’l...

Resolved! WiFi max pod

Hi having issue with WiFi dead space in certain rooms managed to get one Wi-Fi booster as I met the criteria with my volt package was told by agent on what's app conversation that I'll receive confirmation within 12 hours pending back ground checks t...

Bobito by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband disconnects frequently

Started few days ago, the Broadband connection has been rather unstable where it would lose internet for a few minutes before it comes back again. It happens anywhere from once every few hours to a few times every hour. I have a hub 4. During that ti...

Wifi Dropping Out across multiple SSIDs

Hi all,So, I'm struggling to make sense of quite a frustrating issue with my wifi dropping out that has surfaced in recent weeks. The issue seems to be affecting anyone using wifi, no issues to report when connected via ethernet. Firstly, here's a su...

Ongoing connection issues

HiI’ve intermittent broadband connection problems which have been going on for several weeks. Checked online status etc. Which is fine. Switched off and reset numerous times. Resolves for a short time but falls over again in a day or two. Light is cu...

Eleven71 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM app keeps telling me to optimise

My multi box and broadband have recently been not as good went on the app and it keeps telling me to optimise my Wi-Fi. I do this and it still keeps telling me to optimise. Tried to log on to the hub settings with password on the bottom but that keep...

Hub 5

HiNew user, all setup and WiFi is intermittent. Keeps disconnecting and will not auto reconnect. Try to manually reconnect and message states incorrect password , it’s not!I’ve rebooted/restarted hub several times to no avail, also turned and restart...

Resolved! 1gb installed

Have just installed 1gb broadband and since installed I have never actually achieved the 1gb speed or anything near it. In difference room I get different speeds from room with router (hub5) 700mb to around 250mb in bedroom’s. I had a hub 3 previousl...

Duffyg by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

See guest network devices

I’ve set up guest Wi-Fi for my son to use. When I look on my virgin app I can’t see any of his devices connected so have no control over them. I can only see what’s connected to normal Wi-Fi. Is this just how it is? Also, is there a way to turn off g...

bowie_p by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi pods

Hi,Does anyone have a link how to order another wifi pod? After numerous calls being hung up on and finally having someone on the WhatsApp chat going back and forth asking me to run a speed test. I’m at the end of my tether. The last person has sent ...

ML23 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos