Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

WiFi Pods, can I plug into powerstrip?

Not always getting a great signal around the home, especially if someone is watching iPlayer or similar. We are on 350. It really drops.We have limited options for plugging in the second WiFi Pod and today I have decided to move it. Is a power strip ...

ajo by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband Down … again

Joined VM on June ‘23. Techs failed to show on arranged days, on numerous occasions. Techs appeared at un-arranged times & carried out work with permission.Finally connected late August after being left with no internet for 6weeks. Two official compl...

No internet connection

HelloI’ve been without internet since yesterday morning. I’ve restarted the hub multiple times and pressed the reset button as recommended but still nothing. The virgin media website says it can’t run a test on my kit. I’ve connected an Ethernet cabl...

Resolved! Red Light on Hub 3.0

My hub has been displaying a red light for over a month and I’m experiencing intermittent connection problemsIt’s located in a well ventilated area and is not hot to touch but depite rebooting and doing a pin hole reset several times, the problem per...

Contact House Files Team

How do I get in contract wiht the house files team? I would like to get a virgin wifi subscription but only the flat below Flat A shows up on the website and not my flat upstairs (Flat B)? Thank you 

Resolved! How to order the Wi-Fi pods?

Hi,I’m looking at how to order Wifi pods, I’ve run the diagnostics in every room via the VM Connect app.4 rooms showed the download speed of less than 30 Mbps (0 to 30 Mbps) but the app did not suggest to order the first pod, nor showed how to get on...

Mimi1230 by Tuning in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

got red light on hub anyone help with this

I have had permanent red light on hub for over a week now with wifi dropping too I have done all the resets including turning on & off and checking cables etc and still the same think I need a new hub or engineer to fix this issue Can anyone tell me ...

Resolved! Red light on hub

I have had a bright red light on my Hub for the last week please can someone help.

Hix by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos