Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

I have constant red light on hub 3

I have had intermittent connectivity issues for over 2 weeks and constant red light on hub 3. I'm sick of being told to wait 24 hours, then 48 hours, then 24 hours whilst my connectivity is monitored.  Now been told all is fine but still constant red...

MDB13 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Installing a Mesh system

Hi, Going to install TP-Link Deco X20 AX1800 system tomorrow.  I have a hub 4.  Do I put it into modem mode or not?.  Anything else to consider?thanks

alanflem by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi not connecting to Luxpower inverter dongle

Hi, I'm a new customer, and on the installers advice I purchased a TP Link Deco P9 system to boost the signal round the house. Ive managed to get everything connected and working, apart from the dongle on my Luxpower inverter, which I use to monitor ...

Resolved! WiFi booster - WiFi poor

Hi I’m posting for the 3rd time. I keep getting told I’m posting to moderators but no instructions where to post. Hopefully I’m on the right forum now. I have installed a ring doorbell system but the WiFi signal is very poor so I was wondering can I ...

Cabo55 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light Hub3

I have solid red power light for few weeks, have pin reset and rebooted a few times. Light still red, internet working, is this a problem?

GT100 by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Problems S61 area again

For the last 3 days signal strength has been dropping low and off  After pressing check my system it yet again says there are problems in this area  AGAIN Only a couple of weeks since last problem that kept going on 2 weeks 

jasmond by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

my mum pays £90 a month for this wifi and it honestly is so bad, don’t get me wrong we’ve been on it for years all our phones are on it aswell and it used to be amazing, but we complained about a year ago because it started getting really bad and the...

No connection at all

HelloI am doing my bills through fused bills and I don’t have access to my account number meaning I cannot get through to any customer service to help me as my WiFi is completely not working it is extremely frustrating as I’m a uni students with mult...

Hub 5 issues

So we've recently upgraded to HUB 5 as we have the mega volt bundle with Gig1 fibre, the Hub 5 installed today (Friday 29th September 2023) and already our virgin Intelli wifi pods no longer work, they just cycle the flashing green then blue light re...