Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

CityFibre broke my VirginMedia connection again

I live in Winnersh, Wokingham. CityFibre is pulling a cable through the BT chambers where VirginMedia for some reason put their optical wires. As a result second time I am losing my link. Last time the works were done next to my house, now the works ...

v1ctor by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Move WiFi router to another room

Hi there,My WiFi router is now an inconvenient spot in my bedroom and needs moved into the kitchen. I’ve read that Virgin can send out an engineer to do this for a fixed cost, does anyone know how I can organise this?thanks!

Port Forwarding page broken

I have 2 servers in my network which I expose to the internet via port forwarding.One of these devices used to have the internal IP of 192.168.0.6, but I have recently changed it's IP address to 192.168.0.5.Today I opened the port forwarding page on ...

Screenshot 2023-02-24 143644.png

Hub 3 Orange Light

I've just received a new hub 3 and although everything appears to be working normally, the base light is orange when it should be white. I can find no reference to an orange light in the instructions so I assume it's a fault either with the LED or wi...

Loss of service in G74

I had no Wi-Fi for two days, got new Hub 5 and it was fine, for one day.Ever since I’ve had NO broadband but constantly being told there is an issue in my postcode area and it is being looked into. This has been going on for over a week and we are no...

Moved house now child safe features are faulty

Hi,Recently moved house and kept the same account. Everything worked great before but now in my new place despite web safe and child safe being off I cannot access websites that I previously could . I’ve reset the router many times 

Resolved! How to Order Replacement Wifi Pod

Hi Virgin Team,I have had two Wifi Pods for just over a year and one of them has suddenly stopped working/connecting to the hub, leaving me with no internet in some parts of the house.  Please could I order a replacement one?Thanks,Phil

Broken Omnibox

Our outside junction box has cracked in several places due to extreme heat and age. Is it possible to get a technician to come out and replace it so the cabling is better protected against the elements?

IMG_0372.jpg
pshuker by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos