Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

No broadband in SE10

Hello, we’ve had no broadband all night - seems to have fizzled out about 9pm last night. After checking status on VM app which continually said “no problems in SE10 it now says there are broadband issues. That’s hours of non service availability Doe...

Access Denied on Hub 3.0

For the last 2 days, I have been unable to connect to the WiFi or via Ethernet beyond accessing the network page. The router currently has a white light and no other lights but regularly cycles between green light and green flashing lights for the ot...

Red light on my hub

Hi all. I've a solid red light on my hub.I've done a full reset as per what other responses to this problem is and it won't go back to white.Can anyone tell me.the best course of action for a replacement is?

WiFi Calling failing after a week of uptime Hub 5

I've been a VM customer for 3 years and recently upgraded to a Hub 5 from a Hub 3.WiFi calling on my iPhone disables itself after a week or so of uptime.I had no wifi calling issues on the previous hub.If I restart the hub, then WiFi calling works no...

berg1 by Joining in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Hub 3 showing solid red light

My Hub 3 is showing a solid red light. I've tried reconnecting all the wires and done a hard reset using the pin hole, but this hasn't helped. It's in router mode and less than a year old. Reading other posts, this sounds like an overheating issue an...

Gig1 very slow speeds

Upgraded to Gig1 last night on my new Hub 5 and the speeds and reliability have been awful. Real Speed only shows ~130mbps to the hub. I managed to get 1000+Mbps once on a test with my Desktop. WIFI speeds sit at around 90-110 mbps. Any idea what is ...

Resolved! Connection to router with Hub 3 in modem mode

Hi, Virgin have just replaced a broken hub with the 3.0 model.  I put it in modem mode as with the last one to connect to the existing wifi router but there was no internet connection from the latter.  It took me a while to realize that this was beca...

nz by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Super Hub 5 randomly disconnected flashing blue

Ever since I switched to a SH5 I've had nothing but problems. It's disconnected 3 times over the past 3 days and now it's gone altogether flashing blue and offline. This has happened before and it was offline for a few hours there was nothing on the ...

Hefeydd by Tuning in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordered WiFi Pod but never received

Hi,I ordered a WiFi Pod well over a month ago via the webchat service, went through the speed checks etc and the Customer Services person approved the order. Still, I have not received anything not even a confirmation email.Can you look into this, pl...

nbaker by Dialled in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

intermittent connection

HIHaving a problem with my net dropping out constantly, happens for around 30 seconds at a time and aroud 4 or 5 times an hour, this has been going on for over a year.I'm connected wired in modem mode to a synology router but the problem happens wire...

grizz by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos