Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Public TFTP in a managed environment

I could do with a TFTP server on th eoutside of my network so I can take my new phone around, can I get a pass-out for it.It's secure and well protected, but holding th e.cnf's for a Cisco SIP phone. In a read-only folder and used rarely. It's not fo...

Resolved! Complaint Tracking

How can you see the status of a complaint?I have an active complaint that was subject to a pitiful VM 1st response that was almost all irrelevant to the complaint and significantly very unhelpful. I replied by email (but that is another issue).VM web...

d557 by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

BBC iPlayer buffering.

Hi,  Been having trouble with BBC iPlayer buffering for years, coming to the end of my contract now and looking at alternatives as the pricing on VM has also rocketed.Community Fibre are offering,150Mbps for £20 mth, 1Gbps at £25 mth or 3 Gpbs for £4...

Pods not connecting

HiI have just had a new hub 3 as the last one stopped working. The 3 virgin pods I have have, are flashing green lights then blue. I can not seem to get them to connect, I have one right next to the hub. Any advice on setting them up or resetting to ...

Red light hub 3

Hub 3 showing continuous red light have tried all the recommended fixes but no change, it does seem warm to the touch.

IMG_0439.jpeg
tcg by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi dropping out on HUB 3

I believe this is a common issue but how do you sort the Hub 3 wifi dropping out issue. Its dropping out at least once a day now and becoming frutrating.Had a call from virgin yesterday trying to get me to upgrade my services and they offered a bette...

villa5 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Not received my Pod - called 4 times

Hi. I’ve been expecting my third pod for months now. I received two pods previously however the intermittent WIFI persisted. I was told a third one may do the trick  but unfortunately it never arrived. I proceeded to call customer service every 2-3 w...

Booster Plug Blown - Sparked and Smokey

We’ve had this booster for about a year with no issues - got home tonight having been away and when I switched it on it started to spark a lot and then started to smoke and now no longer works. How do I go about having replacements sent or upgraded m...

IMG_4542.jpeg