Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 5 ethernet ports dropped out (router mode) but WiFi fine

I just wanted to share my experience with a new Hub 5 that arrived six days ago.Modifications made: changed wifi SSID and password, turned off wifi smart optimisation and manually set wifi channels, turned off DHCP (because I use Pi-Hole), added one ...

inf by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virgin media connect app - Can't enable wifi hotspots

I'm a Virgin Mobile customer and I'm trying to enable hotspot access on my Pixel 4a via the Virgin Media connect app and it's failing every time I click on the "Get set for wifi hotspots" after a short period of time with "no server response" despite...

account.jpg connect.jpg error.jpg
tuckova by Joining in
  • 160 replies
  • 0 kudos

Network problems

Apart from receiving a text message (it is the only notification I have received) to tell me that there are network problems in my area.When and how am I going to be informed about the fibre network problems resolution in my area?

David728 by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connecting to pods

Hii have a pod to improve my WiFi the firestick often can’t pick up the hub but shows the podwhen I select it, I’m asked for password. I input the standard broadband one but it doesn’t accept it. can anyone help?

LeeJ74 by Joining in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Superhub 5 WiFi Not Connecting After Changing SSID

Hi all,I am having a strange issue with my new hub 5 and customer support are not very helpful so thought I would see if anyone else is having a similar issue. My new hub 5 arrived yesterday after complaints with my hub 4 and wanting the ability to c...

New install - No internet

HiWe had virgin media installed a few days ago. My husband using an android seems to be connected, my iPhone is connecting to the wifi but showing no internet so cannot be used. I’ve spent an hour waiting to speak to someone at VM to sort it out and ...

Resolved! Hub 5 problems

I received the new hub 5 and had a nightmare setting it up.  I changed the SSID to the same as the old Hub 3. Set up all of the 5Ghz devices (Echo dot) and proceeded to set up my plugs on 2.4Ghz. Halfway through everything disconnected and I had to f...

RickElvis by On our wavelength
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot disable channel optimization on Hub5

Like many others here I cannot disable channel optimization on my Hub 5.I make the changes to disable, the hub reboots, and channel optimization is automatically re-enabled. The channels it picks for me are literally the most congested. I can identif...

joe_w999 by Tuning in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos