Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 38 kudos

Resolved! Temporary broadband outage/Upstream stuck at 16 QAM

I have noticed that from 28th of November the quality of my broadband has significantly dropped.  While download looks as usual at 500 (Mbps)  the upload has been dropping to 1-8 (Mbps) and occasionally but only for short moments going back to 52 (Mb...

Julraven by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to request Hub5?

I'm currently on Hub4 and have heard that 1gb users are given Hub5. I've also heard the Hub5 has a better WiFi signal compared to the hub4 which will hopefully help as my WiFi keeps dropping from the Tivo boxes which then i have to restart to get the...

spikyash by On our wavelength
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Bad network keep getting slow internet

02-12-2023 11:13:47noticeUS profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 12 13; New Profile: 11 13.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;02-12-2023 11:08:43noticeUS profile assignment change. US Cha...

Alexd75 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 2.4Ghz not working on hub 4

Good afternoon, I was upgraded to the Hub 4 from Hub 3 in late November and like many of your other customers I no longer have the 2.4Ghz connection to my older devices.  I have conducted all of the above recommendations after splitting, renaming and...

Resolved! Router upgrade, what happens with the pods

Currently on hub3 volt 250 and will be upgrading to gig1 with hub 5 in the coming weeks. I have 3 WiFi pods setup with the hub 3 will these have to be paired with the hub5 when it arrives? There’s no reset buttons on the pods so not sure what happens...

VIRGIN YOUR GAME IS UP

I have spoken to other customers and your customer service can only be described as ‘criminal’. We know what you do, we call you up and what happens is we usually wait about 30 minutes til we speak to someone… then IF it’s a subject that requires a l...

Olliehal by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Red Light

Hub has a permanent red light even after resetting etc… where can I get a new one? No simple menu to just get it swapped out. Intermittent signal affecting connected devices.

WiFi pod

I have slow Wi-Fi speed throughout parts of my house, I have tried to order one through the app and even the speed test shows it’s fine when it is not. I was told when the representative came to my house that’s since Its a large house they should giv...

65C8A9C3-C8D1-4F0D-AACF-B97474EC32BF.jpeg
Tamini by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet connection - Update in progress

Router appears to be working and can be connected too, solid white light showing. Tried all the switch on/off and checked all connections possible, internal and external. Accessed the router using 192.168.0.1 says there is update in progress. Looks t...

sKing92 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Splitter Box Removal

Hi - I have an old, large and unsightly splitter Box which used to hold the TV and phone cables. It now only has the router cable running into it and I would like it removed. I've tried without success to have an engineer sent out but I understand th...