Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Total loss of service - 1 week on, no change

Had total loss of service since Monday 27th. An engineer came out on Wednesday. Whilst he was outside a neighbour popped across to tell him they too had no internet to which he declared that it must be a networking issue and he would contact the netw...

WiFi drop

Been having problems with my wifi since Tuesday dropping connection like every 10 mins and the router resetting itself and still not working when it’s done. Done all the steps like resetting, factory reset but no joy, it also says there’s no problems...

can not connect to argos and other sites

only recently noticed this but can no longer connect to argos  johnlewis or shein on wifi or ethernet connection on the superhub 3 no idea what is going on other sites like currys amazon all work fine but argos jonh lewis shein i can't get on to even...

Wifi pods

Been 6 weeks now of calling virgin,been told from 4 different people,that my pods have been ordered.Clearly not have also been told that a manager would call back.Still waiting does anyone,know if there even,in stock.

Wrong power supply sent

I needed a replacement power supply for my Hub 5x so I requested one via customer Services chat on WhatsApp.They confirmed they were sending one out but today I received a power supply that makes the fibre cable wall socket live, rather than the actu...

Matt851 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

CM-STATUS message sent. Event Type Code: 24 and 16

The Network Log of my Hub 5 has been filled with these notices and warnings over the past week or 2. There was an outage which lasted a couple of days the week before last, but since that's been fixed I'm now seeing continuous warnings and notices in...

benek by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Intermittent wifi for over a month

Can anyone suggest a way of getting VM to admit they are falling short of the service they say they can provide. Around a month ago we had a few emails saying our internet would be down for repair work and it hasn’t worked properly since. Contacting ...