Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Qam wrong?

Hi can someone tell me if my qam is wrong please?. My upload qam is always 64 as is everyone's I have 1 channel 32qam and 2 at 16qam I think 64 symbols is more data than 16 no? Upstream channelsChannel Frequency (Hz) Power (dBmV) Symbol Rate (ksps) M...

Viper-t by Fibre optic
  • 353 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet -hub 4 flashing yellow light

Internet has been down for a day, our router is flashing yellow. A restart gets the light white flashing whilst resetting but then reverts back to yellow flash. Logging into the advanced settings (IP address in browser) says internet has registration...

Rosielm by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Impossible to get WiFi Pod Sent Out

Not sure if anyone else has or had this issue. I ordered a wifi pod via chat with vm on WhatsApp on 15th November, nothing came, ordered again on another chat with customer relations on 28th, again nothing. Phoned this Monday, was told only their man...

Red light - Hub

Ive been experiencing severe fluctuations in speed over the last couple of months but haven’t had much time to look at it. (used to get 120 down, sometimes now it’s down to 2 or 3). I’ve done all the resets known to man and nothing has helped. I’ve j...

6Mbps Wifi and No Sign of Wifi Pod

I have been through the VM connect process twice and both times been told my Wifi pod would be delivered. This has been around 6 weeks now and I am having continuous problems using the wifi in my office. Is there another route to be provided with a w...

Boblet19 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

45 times in 11 months

This is how bad virgin media is getting. In 11 months virgin media has switched my broadband off 45 times. Im convinced they are maliciously doing this on purpose. Been with this dreadful company for over 10 years, and this is how horrible it treats ...

Replacement Exterior Brown Box Cover

Hi,I've seen similar posts about this so hopefully this will work to get a replacement!My neighbours exterior cable box cover blew off during the night and wedged underneath my car’s front wheel. I drove off without knowing it was there and now it’s ...

54ef6b46-06b4-490b-a85d-299d554d54cd.jpeg

Hub 3 red light

My hub 3 has a constant red light I have tried resetting it , unplugging it everything you're told to do and it's still a red light . It's not over heated and is in an open area . Please can someone help me ! Thanks 

Jodielou by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Service Disconnecting Regularly - No Ranging Response

Unfortunately I am constantly losing connection often during important meetings whether on ethernet or wifi. I do use my router in modem mode but have tried it as standalone and the problem persists. It's been going on for months now and as I work fr...

MattBW by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos