Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub 3 issues

Hello hoping to get some answers as customer support just keeps telling me to reset the hub.I keep having to disconnect my wireless connections and reconnect as they keep losing the WiFi signal. I also have a black spot in my dining room (speed less ...

Wifi pods

How do I chase an order for Wi-Fi pod,been with virgin for just over a week and contacted them on day one to say I had black spots within my house , advisor said they would send one out , still waiting ??any know of any phone numbers to contact them ...

Bcfc1977 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

new up

hi all I've received a new hub after my old one was having problem for some time, I had a hub3 but they've given me a hub 4, speeds are good and wireless aswel, but im experiencing high packet loss, which of course makes gaming not so good, I've been...

Screenshot 2023-11-16 232116.jpg

Offered a whopping ÂŁ2 saving on my package

I've been out of contract for 8 months or so and finally got around to calling Virgin to do the retention/cancellation dance today. I spoke to 4 different agents, and the best offer was £85 a month… I currently pay £87 . The chap said "Oh you should ...

itchel by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Massive increase in the monthly bill

Hi I would like to extend the terms with the old tarif like 25 pound/month, because of rising cost living it's impossible for me to continue with 58 pound/month.I can only request to do this, as I am the only earner and my Mrs is a housewife. Financi...

AHusam by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No Internet today - dy8 [Outage - F011067187]

Slow Internet this morning so i rebooted and then no Internet connection. Was I  modem mode so I have pin hole reset and still no Internet. No errors in log on hub and nothing in the network log. Just no Internet. Nothing reported on 0800 either     ...

fizz by Superfast
  • 17 replies
  • 0 kudos

Router Not Delivered

Hey, I have ordered a wifi router that had a delivery date set for today however this has not appeared, I haven’t received any dispatch confirmation nor any other information from yodel. I cannot use customer services either due to not having an acco...

Sudden issue with WiFi pods on PS5

So I have had the Gig1 package since December and 2 wifi pods to help boost it around my house. I have one wifi pod in my room, and run an ethernet cable from the pod to my PS5 console and always got great speed (between 550-650mbps) until 3 days ago...

AndyN89 by On our wavelength
  • 41 replies
  • 0 kudos