Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

How does virgin media survive with such poor service

I have tried to contact virgin media for two weeks literally trying every number I can find the chat facility is a joke so frustrating I can’t complain as there appears to be no complaint procedure just on line feedback for which you will receive no ...

Cassi by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wi-Fi dropping out and slow intermittently

Can anybody help please, I  am running a super nub 3 and am experiencing slow/dropping out of wi-fi when connected to various mobile devices. I have tried using the wifi improver in the virgin app but still have the issue and am unsure how to proceed...

Bugler42 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

E16 1YD - No Internet

Hi! We don’t have internet connection in the whole building.Its 4 Silvertown Way, Argo Apartments, its a build-for rent house.We all have Hub 3.0 and right now the green light is flashing and no connection.Reset, plug in-out didn’t work.We lost conne...

sgaister by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ethernet, not working on HUB 5

New customer, virgin media. I have since received a Hub 5 and set up and installed successfully, this week I tried plugging in a UniFi dream machine pro via the 2.5 gig connection. Unfortunately, this week I tried plugging in a UniFi dream machine pr...

nedna by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband down in my area

Hello, The broadband and TV is down in my area until apparently the 20th of December. Which is strange because my friend who lives 1 Street away still has broadband and TV. The ID of the fault I believe is: F011098298I was hoping for some further inf...

Jaked by Just joined
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

No ranging response recieved - t3 time-out

Hi, ive been noticing intermittent drops in my broadband that seem more like high packet loss then actual disconnections, when i looked at the Hub 4 status there is this message in the network log thats mentioned in the subject, ive seen in previous ...

AdamT3 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Macbook/Ethernet adapter/Hub 3 - No DHCP

I have an USB-C hub with ethernet.  I have keyboard, mouse, power (usb-c), hdmi and ethernet connected to it.  Plugged into my work laptop (Lenovo notepad) everything works straight off as expected.  When I plug it into my Macbook Air (M2 running Son...

anthonyqkiernan_0-1702422318554.png

Resolved! Re: Red light on hub

Hi Gareth, I appear to have the same issue with my hub. The white light suddenly went red last night about 5 pm and has remained red ever since. I have reset the hub several times and even turned it off overnight but the light is still a steady red. ...

DeeDee24 by Joining in
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos