Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Moving Modem

Hi,We have two virgin media connections in our house. One in the living room which does the TV, and the other in the main bedroom for broadband. I'd like to move the broadband modem to the living room - so use a splitter to connect to the broadband m...

IMG_20240511_165051.jpg IMG_20240511_165024.jpg IMG_20240511_164944.jpg

Hub 3 Alternative / Upgrade

Hi, firstly I would like to say that i am a novice when it comes to tech like this so if any answers could be dumbed down as much as possible that'd be great.I'm having problems with my Hub3. It's an intermittent problem but still very annoying. I wa...

Outage in my area

There is an outage in my area, a few hours is fine but I gave virgin a call yesterday about it, and the guru reassuring me it would be ready by 3am following day. It has now been 7 hours after the initial time it would be GUARANTEED that it would be ...

My VM experience so far as a new customer

Hi everyone. Yes, this is a long post, if you don't like it then please do not read any further.We are new to VM and signed up due to being out of contract with BT. VM has recently installed new fibre cables in our area with the UK-wide expansion rol...

VM420 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

No internet

Regularly no internet tonight 2 hours lights variable mainly white flashing. Restarted 2 hours ago can’t contact virgin as no internet and I rely on WiFi calling. Regular occurrence and intermittently rights itself but not today

Range extenders

I’m looking to buy a range extender for my WiFi. I currently have the 1K Virgin media package (UK) and would like to make the most of it. I’m planning to have at least 1 Ethernet connection.There is a so many options and I’m not sure what to go for. ...

teeger by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Damaged cable

I’ve damaged the virgin media wire in the garden. Internet still working but can see the inner part of the wire and suspect it will need replacing. Please can someone from virgin get back to me about this. Thank you. 

roseyge by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

VM Hub 4 WiFi keeps dropping out

Most of this evening I have had problems with my wifi. It connects then drops over and over again. I've tried accessing 192.168.0.1 but that doesn't always work as when I log in I'm just shown a whitepage. I've gone through VM help of testing the hub...

202104 by Joining in
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos