Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wi-Fi pods won’t connect

I followed all the advice and nothing has worked. I have a pod that isn’t recognised and will not connect and areas with poor or no wifi. All worked before I upgraded and got a new hub.    [MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread]

LizaP2 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netatmo Security cameras

HelloI am considering moving to Virgin broadband as it has just been installed on my road. I have a question about VPN tunnels that my Netatmo security cameras use. In the past bog standard VDSL routers from ISP's have just worked, BT  & Plusnet etc,...

schphase by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5x Modem Mode v1.2.1 vs v1.2.1b

I’m on a v1.2.1 hardware Hub 5x and modem mode does not work for me (cannot pick up DHCP on the WAN). I have a friend with v1.2.1b hardware and he is able to get an address no problem. So I am wondering if modem mode is only working with v1.2.1b hard...

alfro by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect app wont work, cant connect devices onto internet

 Hi, my parent has turned off two of my devices via the connect app (xbox + pc) they want to turn it back on but the app comes up with an error all the time (images), and when we go onto the ip adress thing (the number website) as we were told to it ...

IMG_2396.jpeg
IVY2 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Issue with internet connection

Hi,I can't seem to be to get internet access anymore. My modem just keeps flashing green. Sometimes even red. I have tried everything to get it connected again, unplugging, turning it off, waiting and switching it back on, checking everything to see ...

WiFi Pod - Issue with Customer Service

Hello,Can I request a mod or admin to contact me?I've made numerous calls this morning, been hung up on and been told incorrect advise relating to the WiFi pods.I have superhub 5 on Volt to 1 gig and 2 WiFi Pods (white)I need a 3rd Wi-Fi pod to reach...

App and wifi

Some specific apps are not working even though my wifi is fully connected. TikTok, Instagram, google and some others are working fine but others aren’t, it either says ‘Network error’ or ‘No Network’ even though I am fully connected to the wifi.I hav...

IMG_5519.jpeg IMG_5520.jpeg IMG_5522.jpeg
Anonymous by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

WIFI issues yet again

I have been dealing with ongoing WIFI issues for a while basically since the first lockdown. For the most part it's been just inconveniences usually related to the 5GHZ not actually working at all. I have renamed it so I know which one is which and d...

WiFi signal dropping

just been on the phone to VM to hopefully get help to solve my constant drop out of wifi signal in the house. What a waste of time.  All they did was  read from a script to tell me how to improve my signal.  Despite me saying that everything was fine...

Broadband outage

Noticed broadband and TV went down around 1pm yesterday.Checked service status, saw "There's a service outage in your area", and registered the problem.Received a text about 6pm last night saying the service outage was being fixed. Received another t...

Jon-J by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos