Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Hub returns

I have a hub 3 to return but I am paralysed following an accident so I can't go to the nearest yodel pick up point. How can I return the hub as requested by virgin. 

Work secure VPN performance issues

Hi,I'm currently having performance issues with my work secure VPN. When connected there is horrible lag and constant disconnections.I had the same issue for some time earlier in the year, which seemed to be resolved after a router reboot. I've carri...

gwiggy by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 red light

My hub 3 has had a red light on the bottom for a couple of months now...it works fine and have done numerous resets. Its well ventilated but warm not hot...should i worry?

Cancelling due to internet dropping out

How do I cancel? Frustrated as I’ve just recently had VM installed.Connection drops out regularly & that is even through an Ethernet connection.Supposed to be 1Gb get no where near that speed not even 500!Really disappointed!!

vixessex by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gone away form

Hi,I have registered with vm and waiting for my broadband package. I have just received the email : “a gone away form has been received”. I really hope it won’t delay my delivery as I really need broadband urgently. Thank you in advance for your answ...

Wifi Blackspots

Hi, Recently joined VM after struggling with S*y for 18 months. I currently have the 1gb Volt package, but am getting nowhere near this. Even using the Samknows site, I get roughly 500-550mbs.In some rooms I get 100-150, I rang and spoke with VM Cust...

New Virgin Hub 5 and NetGear router help

Hey everyone I received a new Virgin Hub 5 today, I’d previously had the 3 I think? I had an Ethernet cable running from the Virgin Hub to my NetGear AX1800 WiFi 6 Router upstairs in the middle bedroom. So I swapped over the hub today and it connecte...