Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

16 consecutive T3 timeouts

Good evening My Internet dropped for at least 30 seconds today at 4.23pm just wandering if there were issues in my area. Hete is the error from my log.05-01-2024 16:23:42 critical 16 consecutive T3 timeouts while trying to range on upstream channel 8...

Faulty router

Hi I think my hub 3 is faulty. The WiFi has not been great for a couple of months and today there is no WiFi or phone and the router light is solid red. I tried a reset and this did not help. How do I go about having the hub replaced?

ERR721 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband issues

Why am I paying £50 per month for this? https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/80173234d9ae65895b021bf97ec89c94d609b7e5-02-01-2024  The difficulties I'm having doing what I want to do online due to your service is beyond la...

LeeVM by Joining in
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi Pods

Hi I have had VM 1 gb service installed and I have numerous blackspots in the house. I believe I am entitled to up to 3 wifi pods. How do I order them?Thanks.

Dave124 by Tuning in
  • 11 replies
  • 2 kudos

WiFi issue

HiRecently changed my broadband package over from m250 to volt m350. Due to poor WiFi signal. I'm using hub 3.0. Both my partner and I cannot connect to the WiFi now since changing over. We are using android honor x8 mobiles. Virgin telling me its ou...

Chiv78 by Joining in
  • 26 replies
  • 0 kudos

ISP - network scanner lists me with a different company

This is my first post, a novice seeking help. I use Virgin Media in Bristol, I connect to the Internet via a Hub3 and an ethernet cable. Using a Network scanner called Fing, it lists my ISP as Hydra Communications, Is this normal ? Any help would be ...

Alan68 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Smart WiFi and Hub 3.0 issues

Hello community Happy New Year!I’m hoping to get some help, suggestions or where to turn go to resolve some WiFi challenges.Up until beginning of December 2023 all was ok with internet and WiFi. I had a power cut and power was off for around 4 hours....

ja5onh by On our wavelength
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband dropping out at random times

I had issues with my VPN dropping out about eight or nine months ago, but the problem mysteriously cleared and it's been fine until yesterday.The VPN and broadband drops out, not for long (maybe 30 secs to 1 minute). Yesterday it did it half a dozen ...

WiFi pod

We originally had a hub 3 with a WiFi pod.we have changed and got a hub 5 and the WiFi pod won’t connect, any ideas?

LeighDaz by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos