Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Wifi pod not connecting

Hi   my pod wont connect to my hub i done everything still wont. I called virgin so many times and the dont have clue what to do. I told the reporvision the pods and they dont know whats that?! I cant work too due to this. Can someone please please h...

Connectivity Issues

I'm being driven mad by issues with applications, websites not loading correctly, connections timing out - does any of this look like I need an engineer? Not sure what else I can try at this point everything was fine until last week, The issues are h...

Pbx2021 by Tuning in
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

red light on hub 5

Keep getting flashing red light on hub. I am working from home and constantly have issue with no internet connection. I checked the hub it cold so no issue there. Also called help desk they said there it no known issue in area however seems to be iss...

r_ptl by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Network Broadband Congestion (external to home)

How can I identify if VM broadband network congestion is impacting on me? My use of broadband is consistent during any 24 hour period. However, I notice around 6-9pm suddenly everything slows, buffering and slow internet speeds - even though my own u...

Paul8282 by On our wavelength
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Wifi pod fan noise

I've just received a replacement wifi pod as the previous was faulty. However, the replacement is extremely noisy and the fan is constantly going into overdrive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks. 

jon30red by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

I need a replacement for Hub 3

My toddler pulled fell the Hub 3 router and it has stopped working since then. It makes some dangling noise like there's some broken/lose parts inside. Where do I request a replacement or repair?

Hub5X XG-PON Questions

Hi everyone, New to Virginmedia and I have a 1Gbs FTTP install planned at the end of the month. My street was dug up by Virgin this year with green fibre cables installs and chat agent confirmed I will be supplied a 5X hub. Seems info on the 5X is st...

Unable to order WiFi pods

I feel like I am going around in circles to get Wi-Fi pods. The app won't give me the option to order one, despite the scans showing low speeds in multiple zones and totally unable to connect to wi-fi in some rooms.It's impossible to get through to a...

radders7 by Joining in
  • 12 replies
  • 2 kudos