Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Treadmill causing interference.

Hoping for some help. We work from home and have connected the upstairs office to the router (Hub 5) via a Virgin Media supplied booster. I can't run a ethernet across the house the booster has been a good solution. All been fine till I got a treadmi...

Hub constantly dropping connection.

HiRecently my Hub 3 has repeatedly dropped connection, everything is affected, I have repeatedly tried to run service checks, They come back with responses saying come back in 23 hours, if there’s still a problem we will be in touch.I have restarted ...

Resolved! Internet keeps dropping in and out

HiI've been having issues for the past 3 days now where the WiFi keeps dropping. There's no issues in my area and an engineer is coming out to look at it but I'm wondering if the issue is potentially the main plug that gives the modem power? Or could...

Test

24-04-2024 05:19:34noticeUS profile assignment change. US Chan ID: 6; Previous Profile: 13; New Profile: 11 13.;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1;24-04-2024 05:19:34warningDBC-REQ Mismatch Between Calculated Va...

Hub 5

I have had the Virgin hub4 for some time but even with the WiFi pods WiFi is  not always reliable and get buffering sometimes when streaming Netflix and Amazon Prime. I am on gig1 and have just renewed my contract and wonder if hub 5 would improve th...

critcal warning router status

criticalSYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Failed to acquire QAM/QPSK symbol timing;;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.1; warningDHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response ;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;...

leemu2k by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Broadband & Tv

Hi my WiFi has been messing about since Thursday and online it says postcode issue will be fixed by Tuesday morning, that’s 4 days no WiFi and no Tv, when is does work it keeps loading and bugging out. This frustrating, I got a family of 6 with 4 kid...

Azz566 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordering wifi pods

I've run the connect app and have areas with speeds of less than 30 Mps (not to mention complete dead spots that can't be captured by the app as it just tells me I'm not at home...). I've been around in circles trying to order pods. No response to my...

Katie_F by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Simple Port Forwarding Hub 5 Not Working

Hi everyone,I have been doing a simple Port Forwarding task with the Hub 5. I have done this before with previous Hubs countless times and not had any issues, but can not work out what has gone wrong this time. I have a simple set up of just a deskto...

Dracious by Tuning in
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Child safe DOES NOT WORK

Virgin media's child safe does not work. If it does work then it stops working randomly, so unless you are regularly checking you wouldn't know it has stopped blocking sites. THIS IS A HUGE RISK TO CHILDREN. Especially if parents have no idea that it...