Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Delays when connecting to internet

So I posted previously about a delay opening wab pages but it looks like everything has a delay. All phones and laptops tv’s and firestick have a delay when making a connection to the internet. I have disable the built in virgin firewall via the hub ...

Gazlof by Joining in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Dns error

My wifi to all devices upstairs drops out and when i troubleshoot connection it always says DNS error, abs obviously cant change dns in router settings, any ideas ?TIA

Virgin Media Hub 4 slow pulsing white LED

What reasons would cause my Virgin Media Hub 4 to slowly pulse its white LED suddenly? I dont seem to have lost service or speed, but I cant log into the hub on 192.168.0.1 from a browser?I dont use the HUB wifi, but wifi from my mesh system seems fi...

Stignasty2 by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Intermittent internet drop out. VPN

My location is London SE266SN. I have been getting intermittent internet cut-offs this since Thursday last week. It's very annoying when you are trying to work from home and connecting to the office work on computers via VPN. Virgin keeps telling us ...

wing by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Damaged hub

I recently had a contractor in to do some work and they disconnected my virgin media hub whilst I wasn't home. They have damaged the port on the back of the hub leaving me with no internet. How do I request a replacement hub?

Resolved! Virgin connect app wifi pause not unpausing

Hi I’ve used Virgin connect to restrict wifi access to an Xbox. So paused it! When I unpause it, it’s says ‘something has gone wrong’ contact support but this brought me to this forum!any ideas anyone?

Packet loss and high latency

As said pretty self explanatory, seems to have recently happened in the past 2 days have set up a broadband monitor which can be found here: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/096f804cddf8874b48efb01771faf10d98ff4c18 il...

LS95 by Tuning in
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos