Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

my own domains names blocked on virgin media

hi     since the  middle of last week i can not access my own  domain name via virgin media  websafe etc is off and router is in modem mode my router ip address is  [REMOVED] my domain name is batesholidays.co.uk hosting supplier is liquidwebspace.co...

cbate1 by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Broadband dropping out

Hi,My broadband has been constantly dropping out over the last 2 months . Can you explain why this is happening please.

buzz09 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red Light on Hub 3

In the last few days I have had a solid red light on my Hub 3. The broadband still works perfectly. The hub is not over heating. I have turned it off and waited but it still shows solid red. I have done a reset but it does not remove the red light. P...

BRYAN10 by Joining in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Hub 5x not showing connected devices

Hello,I have recently joined VM and I was really pleased with the speeds and stability for a few months.Suddenly, when I tried to use the VM app it asked me to join my 2 networks and when I cancelled it, I cannot see the hub in the app. I tried every...

Resolved! Connect App can’t find my Hub 5

Hi, I’ve recently joined Virgin Media Broadband and everything’s been fine. Initially I connected with the Connect app with no problem at all on both my android phone and apple iPad but over the past couple of days the connect app on both devices say...

Binkash by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! No WiFi customer service nightmare

First call to customer services cut off. Called again and told I would be called back. 20 minutes later I try to answer call and phone doesn't let me answer the call. Tried calling back for the third time but the 'team is busy'. 2 kids and wife busti...

Resolved! Pod reset

Is there anyone who can help me reset a virgin media pod so I can connect it to my network its the white hexagonal type all I get is a flashing white light and nothing shows up on the connect app thanks 

Markh77 by Tuning in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Red light on hub 3 - unstable connection

Hi, recently my hub has been unstable, constantly requiring me to do a reset, I use it in Modem mode and still I keep loosing connection needing to reboot. I have noticed that the status light has turned to a solid red since these issues have been pr...