Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 58 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

More Broadband Issues

Any chance you can look into my connection again? The packet loss is horrendous and is limiting my ability to do certain things online. One of which is the reason I pay for broadband in the first place.Also, is this going to be a monthly thing?https:...

LeeVM by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

my hub5 router

hi I'm 72yr old and not very technically minded but can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to open an extra port on my hub5 router as my g/kids are driving me crazy with all their gaming stuff?Thanks in advance!

Connect App

Hi hope someone out there can help me, first I have contacted Virgin media support the have given me 2 ticket numbers and promised that some one would call me within 10 days that was now 29 days ago which I think it not very good at all.Anyway I have...

Clive14p by On our wavelength
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lost network

Hi all, I’m having dramas again 臘‍臘‍臘‍ this morning it appears my network has disappeared and a different one is in the place of it. Mine was VM723****** and now it’s VM800. What would cause this? 

Pod issue

Hi, my pod has stopped working.It has been working without a problem for over a year but now there is no connection and it does not show on the connect app. If it turn off, then on and the blue light comes on and then nothing. If I leave it plugged i...

pike by On our wavelength
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3.0 rebooting at 2am

The Hub 3.0 is rebooting every night at 2am. The connection drops when using the internet at that time and the Hub 3.0 settings show an up time of how ever many hours since 2am. This has been happening every night since the service activation 12 days...

Martyn24 by Joining in
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 rebooting every night.

my replacement hub 5 is rebooting its self every night between 2am and 2:30am? 18-01-2024 02:27:27criticalCable Modem Reboot because of - unknown17-01-2024 02:07:13criticalCable Modem Reboot because of - unknown16-01-2024 02:36:22criticalCable Modem ...

locky1 by Dialled in
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 upgrade?

Wondering if I can get a free upgrade to the Hub5? We get good signal in front room but me n both kids all game in the furthest corners of the house and suffer with low download speeds and drop out. Thanks

Bulk66 by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Solid Red Light on Hub

Hello,I’ve been having some intermittent WiFi issues with the router and the light on the front is solid red. After a reset the light is still a solid red.Please can I get some advice on how to resolve this?Thanks

nove11a by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 5 in modem mode

Hi, I have a full mesh system in the house and a HUB 5 that when I put into modem mode I get no internet connection what so ever from any port.  Mesh is setup up correctly with dynamic IP but it just won't find any connection to the internet at all.M...