Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Resolved! Wifi no longer visible on London underground

Hi all,  I noticed for the first time today that the usual virgin media WiFi network isn't there on the tube. Is this being phased out?     [MOD EDIT: Please see update on post 111 here]      

ruswit by On our wavelength
  • 141 replies
  • 1 kudos

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 56 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 15 replies
  • 37 kudos

Resolved! Hive Hub won't connect to Internet

We had a Virgin broadband outage for most of Saturday, and since then the Hive hub wont connect to the Internet. We get a constantly flashing green light, which means it's trying to get an Internet connection.Our internet connection is working though...

davem641 by On our wavelength
  • 49 replies
  • 0 kudos

Gig1 only hitting 250mbps

Hello,I had my gig1 package installed yesterday, was told that i should get anywhere between 400mbps and 700mbps via wifi by my engineer. It has not gone above 250 even when next to the router and frequently im getting performance as low as 40mbps. A...

App can’t connect to router Hun 5

Hi, I have been trying to connect to my router via the IOS App for the last few weeks and still no luck! I have done everything it suggests, including restarting the router etc and still nothing. There is no VPN on my devices so nothing has been chan...

IMG_4746.png IMG_4747.png IMG_4748.png
Djweeman by Joining in
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to connect to Heatmiser hub. Are ports blocked?

I am unable to connect to my Heatmiser hub that controls my under floor heating. They have asked if ports 8000, 443, 123 & 2424 are open on Virgin routers? They certainly must have been as everything was working last week. I know 443 is open as Hive ...

RedTiles by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ordering WiFi pods

Hi, I have two rooms where I cannot connect to my wifi. The signal/speed checker thinks I’m away from the house.  How can I obtain a pod/booster? 

Password keeps saying incorrect

I have a new router, hub 5 and every time i input the password to connect a device to it it says incorrect passcode.Please don't just say reset as i have done this so many times over the last 4 weeks, also YES i am entering the password in correctly,...

LaurenF21 by Joining in
  • 14 replies
  • 3 kudos