Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub status data - understanding network log messages

N Warning: Long, dull, a bit technical. NHaving needed to repeat myself a few times, I thought I'd share my understanding of what you might find in a Hub 3's network log when things go wrong, and what it means.  First of all, this post is based on my...

Andrew-G by Alessandro Volta
  • 17 replies
  • 42 kudos

Resolved! Longer Coax Cable

Hi,I have recently received my Virgin Media broadband and TV but the Coax cable is way too short.I have heard that VM can supply 3M cables, is this still posisble?Thanks, Carmel

Resolved! Hub 3 Modem mode started blocking certain IPs

Hi all,I have a Hub 3 and I've run it in Modem mode for years so I can use Google Wifi as my router/mesh. I'm on M500 and my service has been very stable the whole time I've used it. Yesterday (1 June 2024) I started having connectivity issues from a...

Virgin Hub 3 Modem Only not working

HiWhile with my Hub 2 Modem Only worked fine with my netgear router. For some reason the Hub 3 does not work.the only way i coudl get it to work was by setting  it back to Router. Then it worked. Though now i  have 2 wireless networks running.... whi...

tomwgf by Tuning in
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Hub 3 Red Light

Hi! Was online checking speeds due to intermittent issues with Internet and noticed the light on my Hub 3 should be white however ours is solid red and has been for a long while.Could this be causing the issues with Internet connection? Thanks

Meghan_S by Joining in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connect App Unusable

The connect app isn’t working and my Hub 4.0 performance is dropping. I am unable to access via the router url either. This has left my control of my home WiFi almost nothing and it’s impacting my safety and security.Why is this happening and what ca...

Resolved! Hub 3 solid red light.

Hello Virgins. As the title suggests! The light at the front has a solid red light instead of the solid white.This hasn't changed after a reboot and a reset. 路‍My understanding is that a new hub is needed I look forward to hearing from VM.Many thank...

SweetFA by On our wavelength
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Can't connect to hub 4 via Web or app

Title covers it here. Can't connect to settings via Web. Not in modem mode, Tried ethernet and WiFi. Reset it, switched on and off. Tried the app. Device not found. Cleared cache, signed out, deleted app. Reinstalled, cleared it again. Hub not found....

Replacement outside brown cover

Hi,Is it possible to get a replacement for my outside brown cover please?We recently moved in and it's missing. An engineer who came out in March said they'd arrange it but it's not been replaced.Thanks

NordVPN Cannot be accessed

Hi,Since around 1:45pm on Tuesday 04-Jun UK time, I have been unable to access NordVPN.The website is inaccessibleWebsite: https://nordvpn.com/Error Message: ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSEDThe NordVPN app cannot connect to any of it's serversThe app gets stuck...

Cantu by Joining in
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removing a Network Name from the list

Hi, for some  time now I have had the following  Network Name showing up on my  list of networks, VM9459546-EXT,   my own network is VM9459546, not quite sure where this one came from?.  So I did a factory reset this morning hoping that this 2nd name...

witto737 by Tuning in
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos