Networking and WiFi
For queries with home networking and all things WiFi
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi

UNDERSTANDING KEY ASPECTS OF WiFi WiFi is a somewhat notorious, though essential commodity. In many cases, when its behaviour does not meet the user’s perception of the claims made by the ISP (e.g. Virgin Media), the blame is quickly heaped on the IS...

WiFi House Attenuation.png
Sephiroth by Alessandro Volta
  • 0 replies
  • 59 kudos

Getting a better Wireless Network Signal

Seeing so many posts about Good, Bad & ugly Wifi, I thought I would post some suggestions for people out there.   There are definitely good, midrange & poor routers with quite variable performance wifi.  Never expect a mass market product to be the b...

Wifi Spectrum Bad.png Wifi Spectrum Good.png

Hub 3 solid red light

Hi,My hub 3 has a solid red light showing at the bottom of the hub and my internet had cut out. I saw lots of posts about overheating, but I can't see why as it is in a well ventilated area, regardless, I turned the power off for about 30mins. When t...

Solid Red light on Hub 3 router

I've noticed the wifi periodically dropping out for a few minutes at a time over the last two weeks and for the last three days the router has shown a solid red light. I tried turning it off to cool down and then resetting the hub like it told me on ...

keme by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Connection

Hi. Can you give me an update on my connection. Post code FY5 3UJI was advised it would be around 48 hours

AB07 by Joining in
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Yet another topic for WiFi Pod order help

Hi. I would appreciate if any staff could help me with ordering a WiFi pod. I'm on 1Gig connection and have 2 near-dead spots in my house. I understand I can only order only 1 at a time. Please see screenshots from VM Connect app (which is basically ...

Screenshot_20240504_135205_VM Connect.jpg Screenshot_20240504_140058_VM Connect.jpg
THiN78 by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! VM Connect App and Router access

Good afternoonA couple of weeks ago I had to have my electricity meter replaced which meant the power was off for a while. Since then I have been unable to use the VM Connect app as it keeps saying it can't find the hub. I also can't log into the hub...

swm by On our wavelength
  • 32 replies
  • 1 kudos

Wifi Pods

Well i've got the 1GB Volt Broadband, successfully ordered my 1st pod, now another area of my house is only getting 15mb and want to get that above 30mb but when ringing up I keep getting told I need to pay.I wasn't able to order via the app for the ...

PaulSG by Tuning in
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Something dodgy going on at VM

Any help from a Mod would be appreciated very much.Just had a five day outage (started 27-04-24’ at 09:00am) and after many, many phone calls around the world, Bangalore, Philippines & Scotland and South Africa I think. I was assured that after two d...

Hub 3 red light despite factory reset

Hi, I have 2 issues.Like some others I've seen, I have a red light on my Hub 3. I've done a factory reset, kept it out of the sun etc, and it is still there.I've had no wifi some days despite neighbours using Virgin all saying their connections are f...

WiFi pod connection

I recently installed a hub 4. Everything connects fine but my wifi pod is flashing white and the app says it is can’t be found. Do I have to do anything to link the pod to the new hub?