cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DEF01 error creating Account

Beth49
Tuning in

Hello,

I was sent an email to set up Virgin Media online but repeatedly getting DEF01 error. I can see others here have had the same but cant see any solution. Screensht below. I have tried clearing cookies and a differnt browser but no luck. Customer support seem unable to help and dirrected me here. Can anyone helo with this please?

Beth49_0-1644764992107.png

77 REPLIES 77

Hi there,

I've had the same issue that the OP had and I suspect it's the same cause - that I was previously with Virgin, left, and tried to use my email as the sign-in email and it's generates this error code. 

I've tried multiple times on multiple devices, clearing cookies, using different browsers - all that jazz. 

Could an IT ticket be raised regarding this please?

Thanks!

Jake

Hi Jake, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues signing up. 

Can you confirm if you've attempted a different password? If still no joy happy to send you a private message to get a few more details from you.

Alex_Rm

Hi Alex,

Oddly I never received an email asking me to set one up and this error has been generated as a result of me requesting a password reset. 

Happy to receive a PM/call though ^-^

Best,

Jake

Thanks Jake,

I'll pop you over a private message now (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

kdchiu22
Joining in

Hi there,

Can someone please help me as well? I suspect I have similar issues as OP but I have received my Virgin hub just days ago and all I want to do is create an account adjust the various settings, but I cannot do that as I keep getting the DEF01 error when trying to create an account. It's frustrating - and I've never even used this email address to purchase from Virgin before so not sure why this error would crop up.

Can someone please PM me or escalate to IT to give me a call and resolve please as this is driving me up the wall at the moment.

Thanks in advance.

same issue here, please help.

Anyone please?

Hi @Rock2007 and @kdchiu22

Please create your own threads and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Created a thread, just waiting a response now 🙂

Hi @kdchiu22 thanks for getting back to us.

I can see that you have indeed created a thread and my colleague has responded.  I will therefore leave you in their capable hands.

Regards

Lee_R