cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt benefits on Virgin not showing a month after O2 SIM was added?

markhaines
Tuning in

My partner setup a SIMO O2 deal back on the 14th June.  Her O2 Volt benefits were activated on the 30th June.  We're still waiting for the Virgin Volt benefits - specifically the speed boost to be applied to my account.  I spoke to Virgin customer support last week but they were useless - initially telling me I didn't qualify and would have to buy another SIM directly through them, and then when pressed, that it was 14 'working days'.  We're now past that point and it still hasn't activated - how do I proceed?

Thanks.

Mark

9 REPLIES 9

johnm67
Joining in

Hi Mark, I hope you get on better than I did...i was in the same position as you - had the O2 part done a few weeks back, while still waiting on the broadband speed increase....I finally got through to them yesterday (firstly through chatbot, then through WhatsApp)....After much delay, then discussion,  i successfully got my speed doubled....but that wasnt the end of it...a few minutes later i got sent my revised contract, which showed they were doubling my monthly charge !!!  I've been back and forth with them on WhatsApp and its still not resolved...its now down to £14 more than i should be charged (remember , this is a free upgrade !!!)

That sounds exceptionally tedious. Good luck getting it resolved.

Hey @markhaines,

Welcome back to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you are having this issue with your Volt benefits, can you confirm for me when you got the O2 SIM card added as this can take up to the 14 days as advised. Can you also confirm does the address match on both accounts?

Joe

Hi Joe, yes matching addresses on both accounts.  The O2 SIM was ordered on 15/6, and the Volt benefits activated on the O2 side back on 30/6 so now way past the 14 day point (working or otherwise) for them to have been applied on the Virgin side as well.

Thanks.

Hey @markhaines,

Thanks for confirming this for me, so that I can fully look into this for you I would like to pull you in for a quick private message to discuss this, if you have not used this feature before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Joe

Hey @markhaines,

Glad we could have that quick private chat and get everything resolved for you, if you do have any further issues do let me know and I will happily assist where I can.

Joe

markhaines
Tuning in

Have just received an email from virgin media vault team saying they can't locate the O2 account... Case: KMM94653249V14162L0KM

Attached are screenshots from the account to show it a) is current and b) is at the same address.

Thanks

Mark

Unknown.pngUnknown.png

So funny story, I *finally* got my speed upgraded from 500Mb/s > 1Gb/s and lo and behold it looks like my bill has magically increased from £38.50 to £47 as a result...  another conversation with the support team pending.

Hi Mark - I'm in the same boat as you. On M500 and wanted to enquire about 'free' speed boost to 1Gbs.

Called O2 as it says this can be activated via My O2 (no option in my account). O2 were absolutely hopeless, and eventually put me through to Virgin Media. Slightly better communication this time but was simply told 'someone will be in touch in the next 24 hours'.

I note there is an option to upgrade my M500 to 1Gbs on My Virgin Media. But it's an extra £7.50 and as you say, VOLT should surely give you this for free with no contract amendments.