cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broken promises

DnC
Joining in

My current package is Volt Gig1 and Maxit TV. I have requested a Wifi pod 4 times in 4 weeks; three time on Whatsapp once by phone. Submitted screenshots of scans of rooms receiving below 30mbps taken from the Connect app. Each time I have been promised texts and emails within 48 hours to confirm order of WiFi pods. None arrived. Also twice been promised credit as a gesture of goodwill, received an email 10 days ago pledging credit would be applied to “My Bills” within 72 hours. This has not happened either. Today I received a marketing email focused on WiFi pods pledging: “We’re so confident in this technology that we’ve launched our WiFi guarantee. This means if you don’t get download speeds of at least 30Mbps in every room, and our WiFi Pods don’t do the trick, we’ll pop £100 credit onto your next bill.” Your Wifi pods have not done the trick, and I want the £100 + the £10 you promised as a customer service gesture. This will go someway towards paying for the time I have put in to requesting something you are advertising as a benefit but obviously not delivering.

2 REPLIES 2

DnC
Joining in

Please help me! I have submitted images showing I need a WiFi pod and been promised an email confirming one is on order 5 times on WhatsApp and by phone how can I actually get one? 

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @DnC 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issue with the Pod order. I can confirm without having all three Pods and further tech visits etc, you'd not be entitled to the £100 credit. 

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and have since ordered a Pod.

There are a few requirements for the Pods to work with our Hubs:

•    The Hub must be in 'Router Mode' and not have been changed to 'Modem Mode'.
•    Channel Optimisation must be left on.
•    The SSIDs must be the same and broadcast enabled.
•    The SSID must be password protected.
•    The Passphrases of the SSIDs must match.

As long as all of the above points are all met then the Pod should automatically connect to your Hub's Wi-Fi and begin broadcasting. The wireless details from the Pod will be the same as the Hub's details, so no additional steps are required to connect the devices in the home.

This link will help though if you do have any issues: https://www.virginmedia.com/help/setup/intelligentwifipod

I will send you a PM though to sort the issue out with the complaint.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill