cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Birmingham but getting East Midlands Today on 101

BillBrum
Tuning in

Hi all

For some time my Freeview has been showing East Midlands Today instead of (west) Midlands Today.  I have not found anything online to explain that.  Today it also happened on my V6 box on 101.  Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

StuM2018
Joining in

I live in the north east and currently getting North West BBC news which like you isn’t very helpful.  Hopefully someone will have a solution. 

BillBrum
Tuning in

I just read that there has been a strike at BBC Birmingham in relation to the closure of local radio services, so maybe that's why the nearest local news on Virgin today was from Nottingham.  Doesn't explain the constant wrong broadcasting on Freeview, but that isn't for this forum (unless someone has thoughts about it).  Cheers.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BillBrum wrote:

I just read that there has been a strike at BBC Birmingham in relation to the closure of local radio services, so maybe that's why the nearest local news on Virgin today was from Nottingham.

Not just Birmingham, there's a national stike of BBC regional journalists today, so many BBC regional programmes have been affected. That BBC output will be the same across all broadcast platforms, it's not a Virgin-issue.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks