cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'We couldn't find your details'

gorag69
Joining in

I recently changed over to Virgin Mobile and have been disappointed to find out that anything that involves the website or the app is next impossible with how terribly programmed they both are. When using the app I can sign in with SIM which clearly shows the correct number. When I try to do anything else, in this case 'enable all mobile features', it gets me to sign in with my email address and password. Inititally this works and I get the 'Mobile sign-in complete' message but after saying okay to that I then get 'We couldn't find your details' and then get signed out. The second message says 'Just sign in again to fix this', but I just end up stuck in the same loop over and over again. To add something extra to this, I can sign in to my account via a web browser perfectly fine using email address and password so my details are clearly correct, but on the browser I can't make any changes to any settings.

These kind of issues are clearly a problem with Virgin because a quick search shows lots of people suffering from the same weird glitches and dead links. It's actually almost impressive how a legitimate company can have such poorly made websites and apps.

3 REPLIES 3

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi gorag69 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with the Virgin Mobile website, and app. Can you expand further on which settings you're looking to change? What happens when attempting to make these changes?

Can you confirm which app you're using? When do the errors you're seeing occur? Can you also clarify whether you've attempted a different device to access these parts of the site/app?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

gorag69
Joining in

I want to 'enable all mobile features' and to block premium calls and turn off parental controls.

I'm using the 'MyVirginMedia' app. The errors occur when I try to do anything other than SIM login. I don't have access to another phone to try the app with. And just as an example of how terrible this all is, I just received a text saying my switch over is all complete and the link included was a broken link.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming, gorag69. If you're currently, or were, in the process of a Number Port between us and your old provider, some features may not work until around 24 hours after this has been completed. Our teams, including us, are also unable to make any changes during this time to prevent any issues from arising.

It would be best to wait for 24 hours to allow the full provisioning on your service, and then re-attempt to change any settings.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ