cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spending cap

RS6avant
On our wavelength

I’ve just received this text message and don’t have any idea why?

I have unlimited texts and phone calls and over 9gb of remaining data. No additional charges on the account  

TIA

“You've hit your spending cap, which will reset on your next refresh. Head to virginmedia.com/changespendcap to login and change it.”

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RS6avant, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry for any confusion or concern caused by the text message, we will do all we can to assist. 

Just to confirm, have you recently travelled abroad at all? 

Also can you please confirm what your spend cap is set at and if this was recently updated? 

Thanks,

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RS6avant, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry for any confusion or concern caused by the text message, we will do all we can to assist. 

Just to confirm, have you recently travelled abroad at all? 

Also can you please confirm what your spend cap is set at and if this was recently updated? 

Thanks,

Nat

Hi Nat,

I’ve not been abroad, I’ve not changed my spending cap it has always been set to £0:00

Regards 

Peter 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for confirming 🙂

I think we should have a quick glance at the account to make sure everything is in order from our side. To do this, I will pop you over a private message to grab a few details and this should be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon,

Nat

Hi Nat,

Don’t know how long it takes but I haven’t got a PM

Regards

Peter. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RS6avant, 

My apologies and thank you for letting me know. 

I have gone ahead and resent this now. 

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi, I have the same problem, my account shows an international text being sent which I didn’t do and it caused my spending cap to be reached and I could no longer send text messages. How can this be stopped. I think it has happened before.

RS6avant
On our wavelength

Hi, I have now renewed my contract and my mobile is with O2 (owned by virgin) I no longer have any issues. 

Hi @jcbpeach thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've been incorrectly charged for an international text message. I would like to take a look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please do keep an eye on your inbox in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R