cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts from some people (and also receiving multiple duplicate texts...) STILL NOT FIXED.

Jo289
Tuning in

Hello, I posted yesterday about my experience of this - I know I'm one of many, but I've also noticed that Mods are reaching out in reply to some people to say they've sent a direct message to get further details. Can a Mod please do the same for me? I'm getting multiple copies of the same texts, but far more concerning is that I'm not receiving texts from several contacts. I rely on SMS to have contact with my Dad. He doesn't have a smartphone, so I can't use WhatsApp to message him. Since Friday, none of his texts are getting through to me and only two of mine reached him. This is urgent for us. (I am also not receiving texts from a couple of other contacts and they are not receiving mine.)

I outlined in my post what I've done to try to resolve the issue myself: soft reset, reset internet, mobile and Bluetooth, reset APN to default, cleared cache in app. I've also turned on airplane mode for half an hour and then turned it back on. Can a Mod please send me a DM to try to sort this out.

In the meantime, to everyone else facing the same frustrating issues, let's hope Virgin sort this out soon. They've pinned a message saying it's been fixed, but for some of us, it just hasn't...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jo289

We're sorry to hear you've been impacted by the recent mobile messaging issues, we appreciate the frustration and you raising this via the forums. Welcome o the community.

The Mod Team were reaching out to impacted customers in order to gain details to pass to the team investigating this to help resolve the issue. We have been advised that this has now been resolved a fix was rolled out overnight and we'd advise to reboot your handset to ensure this is completed.

If your father is on Virgin Mobile as well, he too may need to reboot his handset to ensure the issue is resolved.

Rob

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Jo289

We're sorry to hear you've been impacted by the recent mobile messaging issues, we appreciate the frustration and you raising this via the forums. Welcome o the community.

The Mod Team were reaching out to impacted customers in order to gain details to pass to the team investigating this to help resolve the issue. We have been advised that this has now been resolved a fix was rolled out overnight and we'd advise to reboot your handset to ensure this is completed.

If your father is on Virgin Mobile as well, he too may need to reboot his handset to ensure the issue is resolved.

Rob

Jo289
Tuning in

Thank you Rob. My Dad's not on Virgin Mobile, but I will reboot my phone again now, as per your advice.

Thank you Jo289, let us know if this helps resolve the issue.

Rob

I will do - thank you. If you could keep an eye on this thread, I'll update you. I'll need to try to get hold of my Dad to see if works first...

Not a problem Jo289, any replies sent will be highlighted to me and if needed, I'm happy to help further.

Rob

Hi Rob,

success! I've just sent a text to my Dad and he texted straight back. Getting all the duplicates of texts was a pain, but by far and away the most pressing thing was to be able to have texts get through to my Dad and for his to reach me. Thanks for your help.

That's great news Jo289, happy to help and really pleased this has now been resolved for you!

If you need us again, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob